PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 Serial V2/Scan Tool

Prormk163
March 24th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I am currently trying to get my LC-1 to work with the scan tool to be able to log, however it will not display when I am monitoring real time data. Here is what I have set up
LC-1 :serial in is capped
serial out to rs232.
rs232 to null modem adapter
null modem adapter to usb (to V2)
I have read through the serial wide band tutorial, and have calibrated my lc-1. And the lc-1 instructable. My lc1 displays AFR on the digital display, and when i show WO2 display on the V2 it displays the correct AFR. My problem arises when I add my PIDS and monitor (in the scan tool), it shows AFR at ten, and EQ ratio at zero. I have made sure I have the sae_generic file which displays the correct code for values. I have spent about 8 hours reading the forums, trial and error, and I just cant figure it out. I hate wasting others time asking silly questions which seem juvenile to the level most are probably at, but I have spent an adequate amount of time and just cannot get it set up right. Any help would be appreciated. Also, my software and firmware are up to date.
-One other thing. When reading through the tutorial the V2 on the tutorial displays com-in and com-out both set to wide band, my flashscan only displays com, which i set to wide band.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Prormk163
March 24th, 2016, 12:39 PM
19395 Here is the PIDS I have selected shown in monitor mode.

Prormk163
March 25th, 2016, 01:13 PM
I am currently trying to get my LC-1 to work with the scan tool to be able to log, however it will not display when I am monitoring real time data. Here is what I have set up
LC-1 :serial in is capped
serial out to rs232.
rs232 to null modem adapter
null modem adapter to usb (to V2)
I have read through the serial wide band tutorial, and have calibrated my lc-1. And the lc-1 instructable. My lc1 displays AFR on the digital display, and when i show WO2 display on the V2 it displays the correct AFR. My problem arises when I add my PIDS and monitor (in the scan tool), it shows AFR at ten, and EQ ratio at zero. I have made sure I have the sae_generic file which displays the correct code for values. I have spent about 8 hours reading the forums, trial and error, and I just cant figure it out. I hate wasting others time asking silly questions which seem juvenile to the level most are probably at, but I have spent an adequate amount of time and just cannot get it set up right. Any help would be appreciated. Also, my software and firmware are up to date.
-One other thing. When reading through the tutorial the V2 on the tutorial displays com-in and com-out both set to wide band, my flashscan only displays com, which i set to wide band.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Well mystery solved. I deleted everything EFILIVE on my laptop, restarted, redownloaded and magically it works. There must have been an update my laptop wouldnt download.

joecar
March 25th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Hmmm...

post a new log file, let me sanity check it anyway.

Prormk163
March 29th, 2016, 01:33 AM
Here is my log, everything seemed to work fine. I am currently doing auto VE. It seemed to have run pretty well with the exception of my idle (stop signs, shifting gears). I will be doing some reading and what not on the idle tutorials if you have any tips, Joecar, that would be great. Thanks!

joecar
March 29th, 2016, 04:39 AM
B0101: flatten out the spikes and inverse spikes (but do not smooth the table).
B3616: set to 65% below 3200 rpm, 35% above 3200 rpm.
B3615: set same as B3616.
B3618: set to EQR 1.175.
B4206: for tuning set this to Disable.
C6001: set P0101,2,3 to A:1-Trip.

WOT MPH up/down shifts are upside down.

D0903 Normal: looks weird, why does it have that hump down low...?

Set Throttle Kickdown to 100% everywhere.

Prormk163
March 29th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Here is the changes. Im not sure what you mean by the WOT MPH up/down shifts are upside down. are you referring to D1201-(06)? Thanks for all the help!

Prormk163
March 29th, 2016, 06:13 AM
I just ran it for a bit and noticed my IAC steps are about 165 in OL. Seems a bit high (at idle)