PDA

View Full Version : E92: VVE axis is MAP_BARO ratio...

69camaro5speed
April 2nd, 2016, 04:19 AM
For e92 tracking p ratio (map-baro ratio) in VVE what would we use, I see no pid that says pick me lol
I see scaledveun_dma or is map going to do it?
In vve it can not be set to map psi or kpa guessing ecm uses map-baro ratio so looking to make sure i am tracking the right area with out some trial and error
I have a 2 bar map configured so setting up the operating zone maps to match the 2 bar vve should work ?
I have has such good luck with efi live sd tuning over the years looking to add it to e92 after doing some maf testing to understand the e92 logic
ready to give it a shot

Ninety8C5
April 2nd, 2016, 10:41 AM
I sent some files, calculated PIDs, Maps, etc. to Joecar. He's suppose to look at them and let me know if I'm on the right track or not. I'll let you know when I hear from him.

joecar
April 3rd, 2016, 04:20 PM
Sorry, I'm a bit back-logged...

joecar
April 3rd, 2016, 04:21 PM
For e92 tracking p ratio (map-baro ratio) in VVE what would we use, I see no pid that says pick me lol
I see scaledveun_dma or is map going to do it?
In vve it can not be set to map psi or kpa guessing ecm uses map-baro ratio so looking to make sure i am tracking the right area with out some trial and error
I have a 2 bar map configured so setting up the operating zone maps to match the 2 bar vve should work ?
I have has such good luck with efi live sd tuning over the years looking to add it to e92 after doing some maf testing to understand the e92 logic
ready to give it a shotYou may have to create a calc pid for MAP/BARO ratio like Ninety8C5 did...

# ================================================== ============================
# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------
*CLC-00-401
factor 0.0 2.0 .4 "{SAE.MAP.kPa}/{SAE.BARO.kPa}"

# ================================================== ============================
*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------
CALC.MAP_BARO F401 CLC-00-401 factor Tuning "Calculated MAP-BAROMETER Ratio"

Post your tune file here.

joecar
April 3rd, 2016, 04:57 PM
And also, in the file E92_Link.ini you will have to edit B8101.COL to change SAE.MAP to CALC.MAP_BARO

( because SAE.MAP is not the correct link pid )

joecar
April 3rd, 2016, 05:00 PM
Let me try this in my calc_pids.txt.

joecar
April 3rd, 2016, 05:02 PM
So with those 2 modifications, the VVE tutorial/procedure so be able to work.

Ninety8C5
April 4th, 2016, 01:36 AM
You should also change B8102 and B8103 if you are using 2 bar or 3 bar Map. I also created a MAP for the SCAN TOOL to track changes.

joecar
April 4th, 2016, 01:46 AM
You should also change B8102 and B8103 if you are using 2 bar or 3 bar Map... Good point, thanks Ninety8C5.

joecar
April 4th, 2016, 01:47 AM
... I also created a MAP for the SCAN TOOL to track changes.Thanks for posting your map.

joecar
April 4th, 2016, 02:06 AM
In the map that Ninety8C5 posted, click Show Units on each of Data, Row, Col tabs (just as a matter of procedure).

Please edit CLC-00-401 to read this (the red part):

*CLC-00-401

and then open the log file, make sure CALC.MAP_BARO is selected, and save the log file...

and then post it here (or email it to me).

Ninety8C5
April 4th, 2016, 02:07 AM
I made the change you suggested and will check the Units in the Map

Thanks again for your help!

69camaro5speed
April 4th, 2016, 02:21 PM
You may have to create a calc pid for MAP/BARO ratio like Ninety8C5 did...

#
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------
*CLC-00-401

#
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

I can copy and paste to a text but not sure how or where to put it (so it can show up on my e92 bbx) so i can install it ?

Ninety8C5
April 4th, 2016, 11:19 PM
It goes in: 'My Documents/EFILive/V7.5/User Configuration/calc_pids.txt' file.

joecar
April 5th, 2016, 02:57 AM
I can copy and paste to a text but not sure how or where to put it (so it can show up on my e92 bbx) so i can install it ?For example, I added it to my calc_pids.txt as CLC-00-510, see attached...

there are two parts to it, the CLC and the CALC.xxx that uses that CLC.

( you might also want CLC-00-100 from my file )

For BBX, you can tell the BBL config to include V7 pid CALC.MAP_BARO... of course, you can't display any CALC pids on the V2 LCD while logging.

Tre-Cool
April 6th, 2016, 02:23 AM
You may have to create a calc pid for MAP/BARO ratio like Ninety8C5 did...

#
*CLC-00-401

#

That is basically what i use for doing the e83 ecu also.

joecar
April 6th, 2016, 08:10 AM
That is basically what i use for doing the e83 ecu also.Ok, E83 also, thanks, I annotated this in my calc_pids.txt file (attached).

edit: updated attachment, again, once more; deleted attachment because it had other problem (mainly me trying to be clever :doh2:).

joecar
April 6th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Sorry, that calc_pids.txt had a few problems (not related to this topic)... here's the fixed up one.

69camaro5speed
April 6th, 2016, 03:22 PM
ok that works , now to figure out why in sd the throttle does not open all the way ETCPP1 99% TPS 58%
I did not see any new codes hope to get back to this soon after doing 36 drag pack 2.9 whipple motors maybe my night job will have more time lol
Thanks guys for the help looks like I was getting close this will sure make things faster

69camaro5speed
April 10th, 2016, 02:54 PM
pids are working great just need one to tell me why my throttle will not open lol. I have it up to 75%
2015 gmc denali 427 cam 23x @.050 sd tune
I have turned the tq response ,tq control,tq model in side out
I have done stock up and down and side ways lol about 30 pulls in 4th gear
any ideas

joecar
April 10th, 2016, 06:31 PM
pids are working great just need one to tell me why my throttle will not open lol. I have it up to 75%
2015 gmc denali 427 cam 23x @.050 sd tune
I have turned the tq response ,tq control,tq model in side out
I have done stock up and down and side ways lol about 30 pulls in 4th gear
any ideasCan you also post the stock tune that was in the ECM for this vehicle.

69camaro5speed
April 10th, 2016, 10:31 PM
ok here is org tune and trans tunes

69camaro5speed
May 15th, 2016, 11:59 AM
I never did get throttle over 80% until I turned the maf back on,535 HP In 4th gear 6 lbs boost.
560 hp in 3400 lbs car will run 130 1/4 mile speeds off my dyno.
Now I have tire spin problems

joecar
May 16th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Interesting regarding the MAF-ETC correlation, thanks for posting back.

Chuck CoW
June 16th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Interesting regarding the MAF-ETC correlation, thanks for posting back.

Hey Joe.... Did we ever get an E92 Commanded fuel pid or at least a work around for it from the logs I sent you?

Thank you.
Chuck CoW

joecar
June 16th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Hey Joe.... Did we ever get an E92 Commanded fuel pid or at least a work around for it from the logs I sent you?

Thank you.
Chuck CoW
Hey Chuck,

On some E92's SAE.LAMBDA seems to work, on others it doesn't do anything.

I changed laptops, can you send me those emails/logs again, sorry for the delay.

~ posted by phone ~

Highlander
December 17th, 2017, 07:32 AM
The MAF ETC correlation is easily fixable by setting b8303 to 200

GR8GAME
June 7th, 2018, 02:43 PM
I'm having a problem getting the Joecar file to work from post #18

I pasted the file into the appropriate folder on my computer and the car I'm working on does not see me datalogging the appropriate cells.

Am I doing something wrong?

On another note, I can't seem to get the B1099 to map on the file as well
MAFFREQ vs Grams/Sec
I can only select MAFFREQ2 in Scan Tool. I'm thinking that may be my problem.

I have too much datalogging because I've been trying different things. But here are my files. Thank you!

22143 22144

joecar
June 8th, 2018, 05:52 AM
Hi GR8GAME,

did you place that calc_pids.txt file (from post #18) into the folder C:\Users\<you>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration...?

when you open the scantool, goto the PIDs tab, click on the column heading Parameter once or twice to sort on that column...

then look down that column and find the pid CALC.MAP_BARO.

GR8GAME
June 8th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Hi GR8GAME,

did you place that calc_pids.txt file (from post #18) into the folder C:\Users\<you>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration...?

when you open the scantool, goto the PIDs tab, click on the column heading Parameter once or twice to sort on that column...

then look down that column and find the pid CALC.MAP_BARO.

Sorry, yes I placed it in the folder. I should have said that the PID shows as "unsupported" in my PID selection for this car.

I "unchecked" the "supported" box and it is there. But it doesn't work at all.

joecar
June 11th, 2018, 03:37 AM
Post some screenshots and a log file...

GR8GAME
June 11th, 2018, 01:11 PM

Funny thing is:

My MAF isn't scanning over.
My Map_Baro isn't scanning over.

But my Load on my spark table is!!!!
And it shows that it is an unsupported PID as well.

Weird!

GMPX
June 11th, 2018, 03:18 PM
DMA PID's are OS specific, some are defined, others are not. Is that a fairly new vehicle?

GR8GAME
June 11th, 2018, 03:40 PM
DMA PID's are OS specific, some are defined, others are not. Is that a fairly new vehicle?

Yes.
It is a 2017 Camaro ZL1 with an LT4 supercharged engine.

It has 3k miles on it.

joecar
June 11th, 2018, 09:37 PM
CALC.MAP_BARO:

My Map_Baro isn't scanning over.

But my Load on my spark table is!!!!
And it shows that it is an unsupported PID as well.

In addition to SAE.MAP, you also have to select the pid SAE.BARO

( on PIDs tab, place cursor on pid CALC.MAP_BARO and do rightclick->More Info to see which pids need to be selected )