PDA

View Full Version : Input on Wideband Commander hookup.

John02SS
May 24th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Finishing up the install and have a few question on the analog output to the EFI Live box. The very brief instructions has one diagram showing the white/yellow wire be the positive and the white/green and black/white as grounds. Would I hook the White/Yellow wire to the D port on the EFI Live connector and hook both the grounds to the E port? And as far as setting it up, the 0v=10 and 5v=20 is already set up in EFI for the wideband commander. Anything tricky I'll need to do to get it all running? Thanks in advance!

John

joecar
May 24th, 2006, 05:12 PM
...The very brief instructions has one diagram showing the white/yellow wire be the positive and the white/green and black/white as grounds. Would I hook the White/Yellow wire to the D port on the EFI Live connector and hook both the grounds to the E port?

You realize that the the E port is the analog signal and the D port is the signal ground.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3711/ad7ht.png

John02SS
May 25th, 2006, 12:03 AM
I had it backwards, it was late. lol Other than that is the setup correct?

joecar
May 25th, 2006, 02:42 AM
I had it backwards, it was late. lol Other than that is the setup correct?According to the brief diagram in section 9 of the install guide, that looks correct.

John02SS
June 8th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I can't get it to communicate. It tells me is isn't a valid pid. It is hooked up correctly. Anything needed on the commander to make it readable for the EFI live box? Something I need to configure in EFI?

DrAlimantado
August 18th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Did u solve the problem? I´m just about to hook up my WBC w. EFILive so I´m kinda curious.

(by the way, Hi all! first post here)

joecar
August 18th, 2009, 09:07 AM
John02SS, did you solve the problem...?

An invalid pids means you need some other pids selected also (rightclick->More shows you which other pids are required).

98 tigershark
August 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Hello DrAlimantado,

Welcome to the EFILive forum. I hope you got your wide band hooked up.
Best wishes,
98 tigershark

Did u solve the problem? I´m just about to hook up my WBC w. EFILive so I´m kinda curious.

(by the way, Hi all! first post here)

joecar
August 18th, 2009, 12:17 PM

(by the way, Hi all! first post here)Welcome to the forum...:cheers:...what vehicle/year/model do you have...?

DrAlimantado
August 19th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Thx guys!

My ride is a Corvette -97, Arctic White.

:redface: I´ll update my personal info asap, forgot to do that...

*edit* John02SS, didn´t mean to steal ur thread, we´re just making small talk waiting for u