PDA

View Full Version : advice on trans tunning for the allison trans stock and build trans.

Scarface
April 4th, 2016, 05:15 AM
I need advice on doing Allison trans tunning like how the title is. what tables to adjust and which ones to leave alone. I saw the calculator in the tcm

THEFERMANATOR
April 6th, 2016, 01:31 PM
The best advice I can give, leave it alone. Change shift points if you want, but I wouldn't touch a shift timing table, and do not even think of using the calcualtor unless you want to REALLY piss it off and send it into grade braking everytime you let off the throttle, or disable it all together. I really wished they would take that calculator out as I have seen guys DESTROY hard parts from using it and throwing everything off. Those few tables change SO MANY tables you can't see, it's ridiculous. We see less than 1% of what is in the trans tune with EFILIVE, so I suggest play it safe, keep your changes small, and only mess with shift points. I've got a TOASTED C2 stack because I changed a TAP base table to get my 3-4 shift to adapt quicker, little did I know that supposed base table wasn't just for the base set TAP, but affected ALL of it.