PDA

View Full Version : Can't add files to autocal

viper91180
April 7th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Hey guys and gals. I've got an autocal and have been emailed new tunes but I can't seem to find a way to add them to the device. I've added them in the efilive window but how do I save them to my autocal??

cindy@efilive
April 7th, 2016, 07:38 AM
There are 2 methods depending on the format your tuner used. Details are here https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=9562-EUAF-6679

Cheer
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

viper91180
April 7th, 2016, 08:37 AM
OK thanks looks like I was doing it correctly but I keep getting error code 0194 when trying to copy it to device

cindy@efilive
April 7th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Your error code indicates there is not enough room on the AutoCal, try removing some tunes from the device first.

Cheers
Cindy

viper91180
April 7th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Thanks again! I deleted the files amd started over. It seemed to go ok but now when trying to load it into the truck I get error code 0502

cindy@efilive
April 7th, 2016, 09:15 AM
I'd say you deleted all of the configuration files in the device when you deleted the tune files.

The AutoCal needs to have the BBX Configuration files reinstalled. Your tuner may have already sent you these. Most tuners would send amended tune files within a BBX setup to prevent these sorts of issues. If you have the BBX Configuration files, you can reprogram the device, or you can ask your tuner to provide them.

If you are feeling confident, you can set them up yourself. https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=6659-YAHB-3781

Cheers
Cindy

viper91180
April 7th, 2016, 09:44 AM
He sent me 2 .ctz files. All if the data looks to be there according to the link you posted. I'm having trouble getting the files to save in quick setup thougg. I will click them then click program quick set up amd it will complete. Then if I refresh the files are no weres to be found

cindy@efilive
April 7th, 2016, 09:56 AM
The BBX screens are showing you how to configure the device in the software; it's not showing you what is on the device.

Select your controller under the tune menu and hit program so you can reconfigure your AutoCal for .

NOTE: That should get you in a position to flash the tune from your Tuner. Each tuner configures AutoCal differently, for this reason Tuner's should provide support to AutoCal customers, and you should be aware that what you configure via this method may be different to that of your tuner (particularly if you need to data log and your tuner has defined PID's for you)

Cheers
Cindy

viper91180
April 9th, 2016, 01:46 AM
The BBX screens are showing you how to configure the device in the software; it's not showing you what is on the device.

Select your controller under the tune menu and hit program so you can reconfigure your AutoCal for .

NOTE: That should get you in a position to flash the tune from your Tuner. Each tuner configures AutoCal differently, for this reason Tuner's should provide support to AutoCal customers, and you should be aware that what you configure via this method may be different to that of your tuner (particularly if you need to data log and your tuner has defined PID's for you)

Cheers
Cindy
thanks cindy, I still could not figure it out, I know the screens were not showing what was on my device, but when I plugged my device in there was already selections there and my controller was there, yet when I connected to the truck it would not work, so I tried on a different computer and low and behold, none of the info showing on this computer was present, not sure what was going on but when I came back to this pc it was still present, very odd, anyways I got a laptop connected and did the auto detect with the autocal connected to the truck then was able to copy the tune and flash the truckl, no I have separate issues, but those are related to the tune, ive contacted my tuner who has contacted efilive for support he says, my issue is the original tune did not allow the cruise control input switches to function, they then sent a revision which did allow them to work but not the mobile pto, and theres now a message in the cluster to service exhaust and see dealer while there are no fault codes in system lol, great fun!!
thanks for the help it was appreciated!!