PDA

View Full Version : Timing correction tables

rcr1978
April 10th, 2016, 02:36 AM
Is there anything in the works for some timing correction tables for LML? Not sure if they are even in the programming but these trucks seem to be like all the others that would add timing for ect or intake air temp when cold. I tune my truck in the afternoon when it's warm it sounds good then i go drive in the morning to work when it's 30 degrees or less and its a little noisy, logs show extra timing also.

Thanks

DURAtotheMAX
April 22nd, 2016, 02:29 AM
LML timing maps/control in EFILive are screwed up in several ways. Are you messing with the "main injection, max timing" tables?

rcr1978
April 22nd, 2016, 08:44 AM
Yeah numbers are not really matching up in the tables, the one I adjust does change the timing I just don't get what I ask for, haven't really touched the max tables but may have to so the max can be limited.

DieselMafialb7
February 17th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Any luck with this? I'm curious as to why I cant get the timing to do as I say lol!

something is adding timing everywhere when it should be 1-3* its running 8-10* and rattles when you first take off bugging me bad and there are no timing correlation tables I have seen?

Snipesy
February 18th, 2017, 02:53 AM
Any luck with this? I'm curious as to why I cant get the timing to do as I say lol!

something is adding timing everywhere when it should be 1-3* its running 8-10* and rattles when you first take off bugging me bad and there are no

There are a lot of things that effect timing. Temperatures, runtime, etc. You could track them all down I suppose, but it would take awhile. Just the way it is.

DieselMafialb7
February 18th, 2017, 03:10 AM
I have been looking and found no tables to adjust anything other then the main tables I made them all the same regardless of mode.

He'll I've noticed the truck doesn't even follow the stock maps all that well so definitely would be nice to see more timing tables to be mapped out for us.

Also I didn't have this issue deleting trucks this is just on my personal 16 that I was going to try building emissions compliant tunes for before I did deletes

jgooch1548
March 27th, 2017, 03:56 PM
I thought I was the only one. These trucks don't seem to follow what we see on timing. I also hit a wall on the trans, which im starting to wonder if its because of the truck actually being on different torque/ fuel tables making my transmission to be shifting far too fast and be in 6th gear below 45mph and 20%TP. Am I thinking crazy?

Dyno Dan
April 10th, 2017, 06:15 AM
I resorted to stock timing tables after many failed attempts to get a handle on it. I used the timing calculator and tried 50%/50%....way too much, lots of rattle with cold ambient temps...and then a 25%/35% bias, where 25% was up to 1800 RPM and 35% from 2000 RPM on up......still rattled with cold ambient temps. Frankly, with a relatively "small tune", the truck runs quite well with the stock timing values. If anything at this point I will try a 2 degree increase and see how it likes it.

Snipesy
April 10th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Mine are mostly stock except at idle and upper ends where the tables go out of range. Ex if I have 130 mm3 and table only goes to 120 mm3. I boost up the 120 mm3 row.