PDA

View Full Version : Need to lower EGT's

sweetdiesel
May 25th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Can anyone tell me what is the quickest way to lower exhaust temps without reducing fuel delivery???
Which tables to modify??

Am running on about 100hp tune and my EGT's are reaching 1400 when my foot is on the floor.

Any help Much appreciated!!!:help2:

Max Power
May 25th, 2006, 08:38 AM
LLY or LB7?

About the only way you can reduce EGT's is to increase efficiency and/or boost. If you have an LLY you can increase the boost which will get your egt's down. You can play with timing to get the EGT's down as well but this will take a lot of playing around and your results might not always be measurable.

1400 degrees isn't terribly out of line.

I play around with 1800+ degrees on my LLY. :Eyecrazy:

sweetdiesel
May 25th, 2006, 08:46 AM
LLY or LB7?

About the only way you can reduce EGT's is to increase efficiency and/or boost. If you have an LLY you can increase the boost which will get your egt's down. You can play with timing to get the EGT's down as well but this will take a lot of playing around and your results might not always be measurable.

1400 degrees isn't terribly out of line.

I play around with 1800+ degrees on my LLY. :Eyecrazy:

Its an 05 LLY. Thanks for the info. I'm already running alot of boost. I'll leave the timing tables alone for now. I was worried about 1400 degrees but if you are up to 1800, I guess I still have some cushion.

Thanks alot

Max Power
May 25th, 2006, 09:10 AM
As long as you aren't sustaining 1400 degrees for any length of time you should be ok. You don't even want to know what I have put mine through.

sweetdiesel
May 26th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Took her out last night and loaded about a 135hp tune into it and put her to the floor. Pretty fast, bit of smoke and no more than 1600 deg at the top of 4th gear. Nice smooth shift into 5th and the temp is back down to 1400. Am surprised that the 135horse isn't limping my stock tranny, but is shifting nice and smooth for now. Am just going to try increasing my 135hpDSP tables by 5% until I limp, then will back it off a bit. Any tables that I shouldn't need to modify in the DSP when I am trying to get more power?? If I advance the fuel delivery by 5%, should I also advance the timing etc by 5% or is that just stupid???

Thanks for your help MAX

sweetdiesel
May 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM
lol need to get my tranny done

sweetdiesel
July 29th, 2006, 02:09 PM
timeing ,timing timing
i can switch from one tune to another and drop 200 degrees just like that
thanks for the help guys it makes a world of difference:cheers: