PDA

View Full Version : LML Bench Flashing From GM TIS2WEB

SmokeAintPower
April 10th, 2016, 12:52 PM
I have an EFI Connection bench harness for the LML ECM. Whenever I attempt to flash an ECM it says "Offboard Programming Detected" and it won't let me flash it. I've tried adding a TCM to the mix..same result. Does anyone have an idea as to what module the TIS software is looking for to determine whether the ECM is in the vehicle or not. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 10th, 2016, 01:15 PM
It has to be in a vehicle to TIS flash, you do also realize that even if you got a successful bench flash there is no READ Option as the factory has the ecm locked down.

You will need a vehicle to flash it in as a host and a way to read the .bin out by other methods than OBD2 reads.

SmokeAintPower
April 10th, 2016, 01:37 PM
I'm sure there is just some handshake that the TIS software is looking for.

GMPX
April 10th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Ring TIS and complain like mad, it really is a pain in the ass they've done this.

Road
April 10th, 2016, 11:19 PM
It seems to be allowed with dealer TIS but not allowed with A/C Delco TIS. It's all part of the new GM and the younger generation running the company. I personally think they don't care if you complain....

SmokeAintPower
April 11th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Ring TIS and complain like mad, it really is a pain in the ass they've done this.

I'm going to watch the CAN data during a flash from the TIS on an LML ECM in the truck and on the bench. Hopefully I can see some handshake and we will ALL know whats going on.

GMPX
April 11th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Yes, the AC Delco version is very restricted compared to the dealer version......sadly you cannot buy the dealer version.
I complain all the time but it falls on deaf ears because nothing ever changes.

killerbee
August 5th, 2021, 05:32 AM
I ran into a new snag on the ever changing TIS2WEB protocols. It appears to be no longer possible to bench program an LML ECM ONLY (2016 in my case). This is not about an offboard programming error message. The only option that is coming up now, is "program ECM and TCM". It appears to also look for both modules, and when it doesn't detect a TCM, the operation aborts.

Before I get on the line with GM, has anyone else experienced this? Solution?