PDA

View Full Version : Had several failed flashes and don't know why

mvvette97
April 11th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Anybody know what causes a failed flash? Had it happen tonight on my 03 silverado. This has happened twice on this truck. Had it also happen on a 2010 camaro ss but so far have been able to do a full flash and get it up and running again. Pretty scary when this happens when I'm setting in a parking lot with nobody around to pull me home. Never had this issue when I had the old V1 but this V2 has done it a few times. Anybody have any ideas? Need to do some tuning on my 07 corvette but I'm kinda scared to do it for fear of this happening. i always make sure all lights are off and heater fan and all. Running version v8 2.2.289

Gelf VXR
April 11th, 2016, 04:36 PM
When i had failed flash, i thought the PCM was fried, i disconnected the battery for a few minutes, then all was well again, it did this few times.

joecar
April 12th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Try updating your software to this:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 303
EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 294

( also update your V2 firmware )

cindy@efilive
April 12th, 2016, 11:25 AM
It would not have been possible to tune your 2010 Camaro on your V1.

There are multiple flash options available - V7 pass-thru, V8 pass-thru, and standalone BBX. Which did you try? And did you save your trace files?

Cheers
Cindy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mvvette97
April 12th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Hey Joe where can I find these updates? I clicked check for updates but it's doesn't find those

mvvette97
April 12th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I have the V2 now. I done the upgrade last december

There are multiple flash options available - V7 pass-thru, V8 pass-thru, and standalone BBX. Which did you try? And did you save your trace files?

Cheers
Cindy.

mvvette97
April 12th, 2016, 12:06 PM
ok i found the two updates and installed them as well as the firmware update. I will give it a try and see if it works better

cindy@efilive
April 12th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Hey Joe where can I find these updates? I clicked check for updates but it's doesn't find those
Check for updates is only available on public release software. it is not enabled on pre release or beta software. Both can be downloaded directly from the sub forums here. https://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?54-Important-Information

I have the V2 now. I done the upgrade last december
The 3 flashing methods exist for FlashScan V2, as does the generation of trace files which will assist investigation. https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8552-EOAJ-5912

Cheers
Cindy

mvvette97
April 12th, 2016, 12:31 PM
I usually do the calibration flash with the v7.5 just because it's what I'm used to i guess. Is it best to use the V8 for the flash? I don't think I saved any trace file. that said I looked and I do see a file in the trace folder that looks to be at the time when I had the failed flash

Cheers
Cindy.