PDA

View Full Version : New member intro and '411 swap question

joshwho?
April 12th, 2016, 03:43 AM
Hi, I'm Josh, I'm from Southwest Washington State, but live in Oklahoma City about 90% of the time for work. I build hot rod, street rod, race stuff for a living, have done it for over seven years and worked as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic and a Millwright for extended periods as well. My EFILive tuning tool box consists of a commercial V2, innovative widebands and that's about it for EFILive at the moment. I have a bunch of rigs I can think of two or four that will probably get a '411 conversion at some point), but at the moment I'm gathering the needed info for a '411 pcm swap into my lady's '96 S10 Blazer. It's a 4.3l, 4L60E, 4X4 (it's keeping this drivetrain for now) and I'm looking to swap in a PCM that I have from a 2001-2002 S10 Blazer with a 4.3, 4L60E, 4X4 setup. I have the PCM and connectors with 4"-6" of wire, but now i'm just in need of a pinout to swap the '411 in and clarification on the trans wiring (I had originally read that it is just a repin, but I have also read about cutting, soldering, etc at the trans OR in the gauge cluster, put didn't know if that was just a fullsize truck thing). So thanks for having me on the board and thanks for all the time that folks have devoted to spreading knowledge!

ScarabEpic22
April 12th, 2016, 04:30 AM
Welcome from Seattle! I dont have the pinout for that PCM, mostly work with Gen IV+ stuff.

joecar
April 12th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the forum :cheers:

joshwho?
April 17th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the welcomes!

Scarab, the Pacific Nortwest will ALWAYS be my home! There has never been another place that I have been like it!

Joecar, I have a door with the Australian flag covering it hanging on the shop wall here from a race we did with our Haltec rep. I think that pretty much every Aussie I've met have been good folks!

joshwho?
April 17th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Does anyone know who has done a '96 to '411 swap? I've searched and searched and everyone refers to "swap diagrams", but I have yet to see any of them posted up anywhere. How do I track one down? Thanks again for all the help guys!

joecar
April 17th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Try:
eficonnection.com
lt1swap.com

joshwho?
April 20th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Thank you for the links, but I have already been through those sites and can't find the info I'm looking for (But I do like the pinout that shows the V6 and V8 PCM pinouts overlapped!). One of the big issues is that I have yet to find a pinout for a 4.3l '411. I don't know where ignition related pins would go and if any injector pins are different (like they are between the L31 and 4.3 black box PCMs).

joshwho?
April 30th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Does anybody know if Lextech still offers the conversion spreadsheets I've read so much about and does anyone know about the trans wiring and if it applies to the S10 stuff? I've been searching, but can't get a straight answer because it's a one year only deal and most of what I find that is '96 is going with an L31, or has no wiring info.

Thanks everybody!

joecar
May 1st, 2016, 04:19 AM
Let me see if I can find some S10/Xyclone contacts...

joshwho?
May 1st, 2016, 11:41 AM
That would be awesome! Thank you!

Dewglass
September 6th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know who has done a '96 to '411 swap? I've searched and searched and everyone refers to "swap diagrams", but I have yet to see any of them posted up anywhere. How do I track one down? Thanks again for all the help guys!

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/12200411.html

joshwho?
September 7th, 2016, 02:35 AM
See, that would be fine and dandy, but the first step? PM Lextech ...and well I've tried that here a couple times (even offering to PAY him for his time and the spreadsheet) and made an account on another board (possibly the one just listed) just to message him. I know he is busy and he's quite the knowledge base, but I can't seem to intice him to get back to me. Does anyone have any insight on that portion of it all? Thanks again! -Josh

joecar
September 7th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Just keep trying.

Dewglass
September 7th, 2016, 07:07 AM
See, that would be fine and dandy, but the first step? PM Lextech ...and well I've tried that here a couple times (even offering to PAY him for his time and the spreadsheet) and made an account on another board (possibly the one just listed) just to message him. I know he is busy and he's quite the knowledge base, but I can't seem to intice him to get back to me. Does anyone have any insight on that portion of it all? Thanks again! -Josh

lexus technician has no obligations to help. (anyone)

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm/4.3L-5.0L-5.7L/pcm-connector-pin-outs-1996-1997-page-1

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-truck-conversions/20236-pcm-pinout-diagrams.html

http://www.lt1swap.com/99-02_vortec_pcm.htm

I may have a factory 2001 4.3 0411 wiring list -not sure if it is on a thumb drive-worse comes to worse I can scan out of the factory manual. The first link looks pretty good for early PCM wiring.

greasess
January 9th, 2017, 07:05 AM
I just started a 2003 4.3 into a 1999 s10 swap and ran across this thread. It's amazing how little documentation is available on the v6 ls1b implementations. It seems like most of the pinouts are the same between the v6 and v8 ls1bs. These are the relevant pinouts I have found so far. I hope this helps.206092061020611206122061320614

overS10ded
January 9th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I have '96 to 02 '0411 pinouts for S10 4.3-pm me your email and I'll send you the file! It was given to me from Lextech in '09. He is the MAN!!! Kudos again to him!!

Good times!
Bruce