PDA

View Full Version : lq4 Tune help

Prormk163
April 19th, 2016, 12:11 AM
Hi, I am currently tuning my 67 chev with an lq4 and a stock 4l80e. It has 317 heads, a comp cams cam, and springs. I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my tune and make sure I'm not drastically screwing anything up. The only specific question I had was JoeCar said my up/dawn shift tables are upside down. I am not sure exactly what he means, but if you could give me some pointers that would be awesome. I am still doing the AUTOVE tuning process and then I will be doing RAFIG. Thanks again for any advice and input!
This is my cam, and I got matching springs for it.
http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1092&sb=2

Prormk163
April 19th, 2016, 12:39 AM
I also smoothed out the VE table and changed my WOT shifts to 100% as was suggested to me.

joecar
April 19th, 2016, 02:02 AM
up/down shift tables are upside down

the downshift mph has to be below the upshift mph, otherwise it is said to be upside-down (and may not upshift and/or downshift).

D0910-2: set these to 40 mph (and now these are above D0925-7).
D0915-7: set these to 70 mph (and now these are above D0930-2).
D0920-2: set these to 90 mph (and now these are above D0935-7).

joecar
April 19th, 2016, 02:03 AM
B4206: set this to Disable

and now redo AutoVE.

joecar
April 19th, 2016, 02:07 AM
For my own reference: cam spec is 224/230 114 +2

Jetmech442
April 19th, 2016, 01:42 PM
I'm useless for your trans stuff, but I can make observations for the log you made. At frame 1200 you get into the throttle(at 60 mph) and start leaning out(an EQ of 1.15), when you let off the throttle you hit 1.285. You don't seem to accelerate much so Im guessing maybe you were feathering the brakes. At frame 1500, you start laying into the throttle again and this time peak at an EQ of 1.4-thats really lean under load and going 70mph. During that time you also see a lot of knock retard activity.

If it were me, I'd multiply those areas of the VE table by 1.1 at least so you don't run into the lean issues while tuning.

Prormk163
April 23rd, 2016, 07:58 AM
Thanks! I have changed all these things and uploaded Cal to PCM. Now my wideband (Lc-1) says error 2. I replaced the sensor (bsch 17014) and it still claims error 2. I went through heater and free air cal and no avail. This is the second time I've had troubles with the LC-1, and I'm pretty frustrated. 2 uses out of a $200 item is pretty frustrating. It is wired just as it is shown in the installation manual. So assuming they don't do any warranties I will have to throw another $200 wideband controller at it. I guess the money doesnt piss me off as much as not being able to drive/tune it for another week until I order it and it shows up. Thanks a lot for your replies!

joecar
April 23rd, 2016, 11:27 AM
Did you run the problem by Innovate...?

Prormk163
April 23rd, 2016, 11:48 AM
Yes sir. I called and the tech support I spoke with told me there is no way to test the O2 heater circuit. I downloaded the specs and data sheet for the 17014 and it said about 2.9 ohms cold. Which it had. But I replaced it anyway. Same code after calibration and replacement. I was told if that didn't fix it it was the cable. The odd thing is that the O2 sensor heater circuit works (with error 2), and my Wideband gives me an Accurate (as far as I can tell) AFR. He told me that I would need to buy an LC2. He also said check my grounds, which is fastened to the cab with a lead to the Cyl head ground. I will post my log shortly.

Prormk163
April 23rd, 2016, 02:08 PM
So here is the log I did tonight. I made the changes/multipliers and it still looks like its running rich. It does seem pretty sad on the bottom end from a stop, but creates a lot of power after 2500 rpm, but thats what I get with that cam choice. My wideband seems to work alright despite the error 2. Thanks again for your help! I'm not sure if I should stick with my LC1 or go get a different wideband as I'm not sure if I can trust the accuracy of this one. 1953319534

joecar
April 24th, 2016, 04:02 AM
What does the MAP pid show with engine not running...?

Prormk163
April 24th, 2016, 07:23 AM
It says its at 14.1 psi, which must be atmospheric (even though its off .6 psi?). I added the gear pid to see shifts during logs, but It says it was in second while the ignition was off(in park) and then after startup it went to first (still in park). Is that odd? I had a 4l60 harness and am running a 4l80e, i swapped pins around according to lt1swaps site.

Jetmech442
April 24th, 2016, 12:56 PM
One way to check accuracy is to drive steady around 2000rpm. Your 02s will cycle steadily around stoich. You should

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Prormk163
April 25th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Are you speaking of my stock O2's? I am using just 1 Wideband on the drivers bank. How can I tell if my stock O2s are at stoich? A certain mv. Level? I apologize if it's an ignorant question.

Jetmech442
April 25th, 2016, 02:46 AM
Not ignorant at all.

Yes NB02 refers to the stock Narrow Band 02s. You should have already changed the switch point by now to 450mv(per calcvet ). 450mv equates to stoich. At a steady rpm, the nb02s will cycle from around 0 to 850 mv. They cycle around 3 times per second.

850mv related to something like 15.2 AFR, and 0 ish is like 14.2.

If you plot WB02 lambda during a steady cruise, change the graph range from. 95 to 1.05 by right clicking the axis, selecting series, and then selecting the wb02(you should now be able to change that channels min /max.

Plot the nb02s below it and you should see the WB02 cycling exactly like the nb02s. I'll try to find a pic of this later on to better explain.

If this doesn't make sense, just let me know, I'm in a dept meeting right now so I'm doing my best. :🍻

Prormk163
April 25th, 2016, 03:56 AM
Awesome! That makes perfect sense. So essentially just comparing the narrowband to the wideband at a relatively constant level will prove the accuracy of my wideband at a known stoich region! Thanks!
thanks a lot! I'm new to this but I'm trying to take it all in. I'm controls tech for HVAC so a lot of the theory i understand, just applying it to a different application is challenging. But I enjoy it and I am learning a lot. Thanks for your help!

joecar
April 25th, 2016, 05:48 AM
It says its at 14.1 psi, which must be atmospheric (even though its off .6 psi?). I added the gear pid to see shifts during logs, but It says it was in second while the ignition was off(in park) and then after startup it went to first (still in park). Is that odd? I had a 4l60 harness and am running a 4l80e, i swapped pins around according to lt1swaps site.OK, thanks.

What elevation is your location...?

BTW: kPa is much easier to use for MAP than psi... in scantool, on PIDs tab, place cursor on MAP pid and go rightclick->Metric; then on Dasboard B, change the MAP pid to show kPa.

joecar
April 25th, 2016, 05:52 AM
+1 what JetMech said...

( not ignorant at all, this is learning curve )

log HO2S11, HO2S21, EQIVRATIO, WO2EQR1 (and make sure the pid channel count is less than 25, see bottom of PIDs tab in scantool)...

and observe how HO2S11 and HO2S21 cycle in relation to the level of EQIVRATIO and WO2EQR1.

Post logs and screenshots.

Prormk163
April 25th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Sounds good! I probably won't get a log in until Thursday, it's supposed to be cool here in northern Mn again and rain.
Should I have done calc.Vet prior to AutoVe? If so I have not done so.

Prormk163
April 25th, 2016, 09:42 AM
I will change the map PID back to metric. I think when I was messing with my speedo I may have clicked all instead of speedo to imperial. . My elevation is at about 1500'.

joecar
April 25th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Sounds good! I probably won't get a log in until Thursday, it's supposed to be cool here in northern Mn again and rain.
Should I have done calc.Vet prior to AutoVe? If so I have not done so.
If you're street tuning, do Calc.VET, and check your results.

( the names of the methods have been chosen to confuse the heck out of every one )

Be sure to read post #29 here: Summary-Notes (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14188-Summary-Notes)

. . .
Calc.MAFT:
- same as AutoVE (corrects VE) but also simultaneously calculates MAF (from corrected VE),
- can be done with or without CL/LTFT (edit calc_pids.txt to use the appropriate BEN pid),
- create a map for CALC.MAFT and directly paste this into B5001.

Calc.VET:
- same as AutoMAF (corrects MAF) but also simultaneously calculates VE (from corrected MAF),
- can be done with or without CL/LTFT (edit calc_pids.txt to use the appropriate BEN pid),
- create a map for CALC.VET and directly paste this into B0101.
. . .

Prormk163
April 25th, 2016, 10:41 AM
I am street tuning, and was planning on running a maf as the temps here vary so much. I've read pros and cons to both, if I plan to run a maf should I still do calc.vet? Or should I do calc.maf?

joecar
April 25th, 2016, 10:47 AM
The simplest is to do Calc.VET... see how this goes...

it will go good if injector data is good, and if MAF/filter combination like each other (no plumbing bends immediately before/after MAF (MAF screen helps), filter baffled from engine heat and fan draft)...

post picture of your engine bay.

Prormk163
April 26th, 2016, 02:04 AM
Alrighty I will do that! Did I harm anything by doing Auto.Ve first? I wouldn't imagine so since I enriched the table prior to starting the process.

Jetmech442
April 26th, 2016, 03:03 AM
No harm in doing either. I just prefer calcvet or calcmaft because it fixes everything in one go.

joecar
April 26th, 2016, 03:04 AM
Should be ok.

Prormk163
April 26th, 2016, 08:18 AM

joecar
April 26th, 2016, 08:31 AM
MAF may be too close to filter.

Filter is not shielded from air movement from fan(s).

Prormk163
April 26th, 2016, 11:04 AM
I do have a shield for it. As far as the maf location, how far should it be from the filter? It must get inaccurate readings because it can't average properly due to turbulence and currents?

Jetmech442
April 26th, 2016, 12:28 PM
At least 6"from filters or bends. In your case, right in the middle of that inlet pipe.

6"gets you near - uniform flow. Turbulent flows are , as you know, random and will remove temperature from the mafs hot wire also randomly-leading to a fluctuating g/s reading in steady state operation.

Calcvet will still work for the ve table part , but the maf part will be goofy til you fix it.

Jetmech442
April 27th, 2016, 12:41 PM
if you post a log recording maf frequency or SAE.MAF, you can tell right off the bat if its giving unsteady readings. I'll post a log of mine in a bit so you can compare. FYI, I'm using an LS3 intake tube/filter cause I don't like the intake noise(just wanna hear exhuast).

Prormk163
April 28th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Awesome. I bought a couple of couplings and will take care of it as soon as they come in. I did notice when I tried to run a maf previously it ran like butt.

Prormk163
April 29th, 2016, 04:33 AM
Is it worth running a maf? I've reas and read and it seems nobody has a definitive answer on any definitive pro's. I've noticed a lot of new molars run speed density? Does it aid in tuning precision? Just curious on your opinion, not sure if it's worth having a 3.5" maf on a 4" intake. But it may not matter since I have a stock truck manifold anyway which isn't of the highest performance.

Prormk163
April 29th, 2016, 04:35 AM
Well, 3" maf (76mm)

Jetmech442
April 29th, 2016, 04:41 AM
The truck intake has been shown to flow nearly equal to the ls6.

Im on the side that the C6R wouldn't use a maf unless it provided measurable benifits. Having a maf also eliminates issues if your IAT sensor heat soaks.

That being said, I'm still running with mine disabled. I got the VE nailed and then turned the maf back on which gave me trouble. I spent zero effort trying to fix it only cause I just wanted to go drive the thing. I do plan to get it integrated again.... Maybe after the watts link install...

Jetmech442
April 29th, 2016, 04:44 AM
... Your 3" isn't holding you back. You need way more airflow before the maf restriction becomes an issue.

Prormk163
April 29th, 2016, 04:46 AM
oh gotcha. Thanks for the opinion.

LastCall
April 30th, 2016, 04:15 PM
If boost isn't In your plans, a MAF is probably a good idea. You can also run a cartridge MAF and not have to worry about couplings and cutting your current intake piping.

Prormk163
April 30th, 2016, 11:04 PM
Ya that's not a bad idea. My maf is a 5 wire with iat, not sure if cartridges include them. I could get a seperate one.

Taz
May 1st, 2016, 12:38 AM
The 3 wire MAF and 2 wire IAT system was used by 1998 - 2002 Camaro, 1997 - 2000 Corvette, and 1996 - 2000 Trucks with the Blackbox PCM. After these models, GM used an integrated MAF and IAT system, with a 5 wire connector.

A “tube” style MAF is the most forgiving with respect to placement in the air intake stream, and therefore tends to more consistently generate accurate Airflow data. These were used in 1999 - 2007 Gen 3 Trucks, and a new variant was used by 2007 and 2008 Gen 4 Trucks. This design was also used by some Gen 4 cars (G8, Caprice, and the SS).

The cartridge or “blade” style MAF is widely used by GM vehicles, but requires an accurately designed air intake system to function correctly. In a custom vehicle, these provide the most accurate data when used with a 12 inch long piece, of 3 inch diameter tubing. The MAF needs to be placed in the middle of the tubing (6 inches from either end), and EXACTLY on the diameter of the tubing, and EXACTLY parallel with the airflow.

The further away from this optimal placement the cartridge MAF is, the more inconsistent the data will be.

Jetmech442
May 1st, 2016, 01:56 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160501/08836216484fbff61209f65bcb234525.jpg

Okay, I'm with Taz on this, but I have a few things to point out. The above pic is from GM performance parts installation manual of the e rod engine. I downloaded the manual too, just can't seem to get it to upload right now.

The manual says 6 inches(3 on each side). Now, this is for a cartridge style maf. Pipe diameter also plays a huge role in accuracy.
I initially started with the tube maf. I don't like the intake noise under load from aluminum piping so I got an LS3 intake system off a 2010 camaro which uses a cartridge style maf.

I had to install a separate IAT sensor, and get the right calibration on the maf to match. The cartridge loses resolution compared to the tube style. Plenty of people have made it work, I'm just saying.

Below is s pic of my intake. I guess what I'm trying to say is wait till you get another log and see if it is really giving you issues. It's much easier to stick with the tube maf IMO.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160501/803a6a43a59a31e510e00798acc21fc0.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Taz
May 1st, 2016, 02:25 AM
...I had to install a separate IAT sensor, and get the right calibration on the maf to match ...

If you are using a cartridge (blade) MAF, with a Gen 3 controller, you will need to adjust the IAT scaling to provide accurate IAT data.

Yes - a 6 inch length piece of tubing is the absolute minimum recommended. A longer piece of tubing will make tuning easier / more consistent.

You can make any MAF work - the choice becomes a matter of available underhood real-estate, and how much tuning you are able to do on your own.

LastCall
May 1st, 2016, 03:00 AM
Great info taz and jetmann442. Thanks for sharing.

So when you say resolution, what are you referring to? Like less airflow across the MAF (smaller sample) so you move down on the transfer function so the same airflow has less break points?

I've read on other forums where people say they buy additional airflow in the MAF by going to larger piping and cartridge MAF, that is why I asked.

Jetmech442
May 1st, 2016, 04:38 AM
+1 for what taz said above. 6"being the minimum .

The ls1b controller doesn't have a way to scale the IAT. I had to install a gen 4 IAT sensor in the tube (and disable the cartridge iat).

As for losing resolution, try this thread.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1714742-using-ls7-maf-lq4-harness-pinout-differences.html

Ls1b also can't change the frequency portion of the maf table, so only, like, a third? of the frequency range is used if you use a cartridge maf.

Taz
May 1st, 2016, 05:52 AM
... The ls1b controller doesn't have a way to scale the IAT ...

Actually, it does ...

LastCall
May 1st, 2016, 07:15 AM
Thanks for sharing JetMett.

If a Gen3 IAT sensor is used rather than the ls7, I think it would operate as designed. I think you would just need to connect the wiring to the new IAT sensor instead of the ls7 MAF IAT pins. How did you disable the cartridge IAT in ls7 MAF?

Jetmech442
May 1st, 2016, 11:28 AM
Taz, i should be more careful when generalizing ls1b controllers. I'm running OS 12592618, which does not have an IAT scaling table.(unless I'm completely blind, but I did go through all my tables once I got home). What is the table number, it got cutoff in your screen shot.

Jetmech442
May 1st, 2016, 01:00 PM
For a cartridge maf, 9399 ohm correlates to 32F Celsius.. And 122F is 980 ohms. This is table b0188 from an e38 controller (2009 g8gt). The table posted above by Taz shows an axis with percent. If you wire a cartridge maf up to your current ecm, it will read a temperature, but I don't believe it will be the correct temperature.

Taz
May 1st, 2016, 11:26 PM
Hi Guys ... Yes, with Gen 4 controllers tables A9029, B0188, A9030, and B0189 are used to configure the IAT Sensor(s). B0188 and B0189 use Ohms as a table axis.

The LS1-B PCMs have a similar table, but the axis is in percent (%) resistance. If you adjust this table appropriately, the LS1-B PCM will correctly calculate / interpret IAT, based on input from the cartridge MAF.

You are not blind ... the table is one that I added - but the LS1-B PCM does have this functionality.

Jetmech442
May 2nd, 2016, 12:52 AM
This is getting really interesting. Thanks Taz for all the info.

I would love to do this on my setup, but how did you add a table to the ls1b?

I suppose for the percent range you could scale from min max ohms found in a gen 4.hmmmm

Taz
May 2nd, 2016, 01:47 AM
... how did you add a table to the ls1b? ...

The table is in the LS1-B calibration. I used a CAX file to make it visible in EFILive - for editing.

Prormk163
May 2nd, 2016, 03:07 AM
This is good info.

Jetmech442
May 2nd, 2016, 03:10 AM
Ummmm, wow, okay.. So you tune in full on beast mode.   I just spent an hour searching /reading up on cax files,and it is a whole 'nother level of awesome.

So let me again be even more specific. Iat scaling is not readily available to mere mortals on the ls1b. :cheers:

OP, if it's within the scope of your post, and if Taz doesn't mind, would you(Taz) be willing to walk through unlocking the IAT scaling table with a cax file ? I searched in the cax forum (didn't know that was a thing until 30 minutes ago), but couldn't find it.

Taz
May 2nd, 2016, 05:34 AM
... would you(Taz) be willing to walk through unlocking the IAT scaling table with a cax file ? ...

The following comments are intended for all Forum members ... which should negate receiving a deluge of PMs and emails.

My Forum participation is predominantly to help people, help themselves. I will generally let someone know when something is possible or impossible - to save them hours of work, that in the end could be futile.

I operate a commercial business. These days it seems that Dyno Tuners are popping up on every street corner - some are OK, and some have no idea how to tune. What you won't find very often in this market space, are highly knowledgeable Conversion Tuners - these are some of the services that I am regularly contracted to provide.

To develop custom parameters (many that are not available in any tuning software) takes thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars. To date, I have added several thousand parameters, encompassing over 200 operating systems. Much of this is proprietary to my business, and is closely held intellectual property.

I simply don't have the free time to teach people how to tune, nor how to investigate a parameter and subsequently develop a CAX file. There should be enough information already on this Forum to get you going - that is how I began - and if I can do it, then anyone can.

I will take you this far though ....

The LS1-B IAT parameter has been added by HPT (at least for some operating systems - not sure if it available for all). So you could go that route.

However, the JPEG that I uploaded to post # 45 tells you a great deal of what you need to know to find this parameter for yourself.

The range is both negative and positive - so the data must be signed.

The range exceeds 256 - so the data cannot be 8 bit. It must be either 16 bit or 32 bit - but 32 bit was not used very often with the LS1-B PCM, so it is likely 16 bit data (and it is).

With the LS1-B PCM calibration, temperature tends to use a standard conversion equation. So, create a spreadsheet (using Excel, or similar software), apply the appropriate conversion equation to generate the raw data, then convert this raw data to Hexadecimal. Then look through the calibration in binary (Hex) format, until you locate the matching Hex data - this will likely be the IAT table. Then test as necessary to confirm that it is indeed the IAT table.

joecar
May 2nd, 2016, 09:52 AM
Tunercat might have this table.

joecar
May 2nd, 2016, 09:54 AM
+1 what Taz said...

I agree, if someone has invested time/money into locating unpublished tables, it is their right/business in charging a fee for editing those tables (without revealing the location of the tables).

When DIY scouring thru a binary version of a .ctx file, you need some hints of what to look for, Taz has explained concisely what you need to know (pre-requisite knowledge: binary/hexadecimal numbering systems), those hints are just about everywhere you look (if you learn to recognize them).

Jetmech442
May 2nd, 2016, 12:40 PM
Hey Taz,
I didn't realize you ran a business, that's awesome! I've been posting thru my phone so I don't get a lot of the details from the sidebar or sigs.

I wouldn't expect you to publicly help on something that your business relies on. In fact, what you wrote already is above and beyond, so thanks. I was successful in my tuning because of all the help on here from guys like weathermanshawn,statesman,mrP and of course joecar. So I've been hanging around to try and pay it back.

To the OPs issue, I think it's safe to say now that you cannot scale the cartridge maf IAT with the tables currently available in EFILive for an ls1b. The easiest route IMO is to wire in the IAT from Gen 4 fbodies.

However, I still think that your current maf is the best option.

LastCall
May 2nd, 2016, 01:11 PM
Nice way to tie it all back together JetMech, we took the OP through a roller coaster and came back to where we started. Lol

Prormk163
May 5th, 2016, 04:19 AM
So since i have everyones attention, can you guys look at my tune for calc.vet? I have read through the tutorials and i think i have it set up right. believe the pids are set up right and the right values. My only question is on my selben-map freq for calculating the maf, is the data, row, column information correct? the map looks funny to me.

joecar
May 5th, 2016, 05:08 AM
Column info for 1D map does not matter, choose a pid you're already logging.

On the Cell tab, you can constrain the cell width.

Prormk163
May 5th, 2016, 05:19 AM
The selected pids are correct for data column and row? And they match the values in main Ve for eq and b5001?

joecar
May 5th, 2016, 06:05 AM
B5001 is 1D... the pics you posted in post # 59 above show the map for MAF B5001.

Post pics of your map for VE B0101 (i.e. VE is 2D).

If you created the row and column axes using Paste Label then they would be correct (i.e. Copy with Labels from B5001 or B0101, and then Paste Labels in map properties Row and Column tabs).

Also: in map properties, for each of Data, Row, Column tabs, checkmark Show Units (this makes it easier to verify, for example, that MAP is in kPa and not psi).

Prormk163
May 5th, 2016, 06:17 AM
Perfect thanks for looking at it. I did have the show units selected but it may not have saved. Thanks again. I'll prob try to do a log tonight!

Prormk163
May 5th, 2016, 06:21 AM

joecar
May 5th, 2016, 08:59 AM
19594Now post a pic of your scantool VE map...

Prormk163
August 18th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Now post a pic of your scantool VE map...

joecar
August 18th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Ok, go into scantool, goto PIDs tab, on MAP pid do rightclick->Metric.

Then goto the scantool map of VE, now you should see the correct MAP columns populating.

Prormk163
August 22nd, 2016, 04:16 AM
Alrighty! I was able to do a few logs and some adjustments and its coming along. I am curious however that it seems pretty gutless at the bottom end. I am not sure if thats because of my cam/stall combo. I have a stock 4l80e and the cam is a 54-444-11 from comp cams (matching springs etc).20121

joecar
August 22nd, 2016, 04:49 AM
Remind me of your cam specs (intdur/extdur lsa)...

if you have significant overlap, wideband tends to read leaner that actual (due to unburnt air/fuel), so the tendency is to increase air (VE/MAF) when you should really reduce it.

Prormk163
August 22nd, 2016, 04:54 AM
224/230

Prormk163
August 22nd, 2016, 04:55 AM
http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1092&sb=2

joecar
August 22nd, 2016, 10:59 AM
224/230 114 --> overlap @ 0.050" = -1*

That cam should idle very well on the stock tune, and should have good low end torque... post the tune file that produced that log.

That log shows your NBO2's riding high always (i.e. too rich)... the MAF DTC tells me you're in SD (even tho you get a MAF reading)...

Do you have CL/trimming enabled or disabled (it looks like disabled)...?

so try bringing the VE down a little (highlight small sections of the log, and find where these are on the VE table (use Runway Highlighting)...

Prormk163
August 22nd, 2016, 11:42 AM

here is the tune. I do have 317 heads on it as well.

Prormk163
August 22nd, 2016, 12:10 PM
here is a log i did today.

Prormk163
August 23rd, 2016, 02:07 AM
Cl trimming was disabled. I enabled it and hope to do a log at lunch time. It does idle pretty well after some playing.

Prormk163
August 23rd, 2016, 06:53 AM
224/230 114 --> overlap @ 0.050" = -1*

That cam should idle very well on the stock tune, and should have good low end torque... post the tune file that produced that log.

That log shows your NBO2's riding high always (i.e. too rich)... the MAF DTC tells me you're in SD (even tho you get a MAF reading)...

Do you have CL/trimming enabled or disabled (it looks like disabled)...?

so try bringing the VE down a little (highlight small sections of the log, and find where these are on the VE table (use Runway Highlighting)...

Ok so this may be a stupid question but I don't want to regress, If I use runway highlighting and watch the narrow bands and my wide band and they show lean, I should lower my VE table in that frame to lean it? (A small amount at a time of course)
And as always, thank you for your time, Joecar.

Prormk163
August 23rd, 2016, 10:00 AM

joecar
August 24th, 2016, 05:29 AM
2012720128I'll look at this later tonite.

Prormk163
August 24th, 2016, 06:24 AM
I'll look at this later tonite.

Awesome, thanks again for your help. I know that every forum I've read you have provided guidance and insight so I appreciate all the time you spend doing that.

Prormk163
August 25th, 2016, 12:05 AM
Do my VE numbers look low for a cammed 6.0 with 317 heads? I'm out of ideas and ready to pull the timing cover off to see if my timing chain is loose.

joecar
August 25th, 2016, 06:15 AM
VE looks ballpark, but is very rough... I smoothed it, please try attached.

Mouth
August 25th, 2016, 08:19 AM
I pretty much has the same set up. I'm using a ls6 intake with ls1 injectors and wondering if its okay to just copy and pasted injector information from a 1999 camaro. I Also using maf from a 2010 camaro. Did do some logging but not sure if my maf and injector are set properly.20133

joecar
August 25th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Yes, copy injector tables.

Is your FPR un-referenced (i.e. no hose connection to intakr manifold)...? If un-referenced, then injector tables are ok, otherwise they need a minor edit.

You will need to do MAF correction using wideband (because MAF and associated plumbing are different).

You will also need to do VE correction.

Mouth
August 25th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Maf correction was done using a wideband. If I have to past and multiply the average cell value which is 1 I assume that it is correct. I'm using return fuel system with no vacuum reference.

Prormk163
August 25th, 2016, 10:08 PM
VE looks ballpark, but is very rough... I smoothed it, please try attached.

Thanks, I will try it this afternoon!

Mouth
August 26th, 2016, 05:50 AM
I log data and my fuel is rich. Sudden increase in TPS retard timing and some knock. If i decrease the #'s in VE table should that add more or take it away?

First part of Data Log the wideband was20143 not connected.

joecar
August 26th, 2016, 06:37 AM
Increasing values in VE table will add more air which adds more fuel.

Are you getting a MAF DTC...?

joecar
August 26th, 2016, 06:42 AM
Also, you should set these:
- set B3801 to disable.
- set B4206 to disable.
- C6001 P0101,P0102,P0103 to A:1-Trip or to Non-Emissions.

Make sure you get a MAF DTC, if you're not then also set these:
- set C2901 to 1.
- set C2903 to 1.

Prormk163
August 26th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Well, I programmed the tune into my PCM and it ran the same. So I did a compression test while it was hot, with throttle body wide open and each cylinder was between 123-131 PSI. ...Edit.. Which after reading about it must be relatively normal with a cam. I'm guessing the intake valve closes later and causes a little lower compression.

Mouth
August 27th, 2016, 11:30 AM
I'm getting the MAF DTC now. I adjust the AFR and the car performance improve. It was running lean. Now I'm trying to iron out AFR for everyday driving.

Thanks for the advice, I'm opening to any suggestion.

joecar
August 28th, 2016, 08:44 AM
MAF DTC: good.

( without a MAF DTC the PCM still uses the MAF, and if the MAF is physically absent the PCM tries to calculate what the MAF would have read (which would usually be wrong) )

Prormk163
September 10th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Alrighty well I finally got my Torque converter and new chain. I replaced them and its like a whole new animal, however after starting it up I now get codes po103 and po200. So I have to check my injectors and harness for something that may have came unclipped. And then Hopefully redo calc.ve.20199 Here is the log with DTC's.

joecar
September 10th, 2016, 03:31 PM
P0103: If you're not running SD, check MAF and its wiring. If you're running SD then the DTC is required.

Prormk163
September 11th, 2016, 11:10 PM
P0103: If you're not running SD, check MAF and its wiring. If you're running SD then the DTC is required.
Had a wire pull off injector 5, working on the maf issue. Seems like it's fine while logging, and my iat seems right (5 wire maf)

joecar
September 11th, 2016, 11:19 PM
P0103 is spefically MAF related, IAT has its own DTC's.

To help troubleshoot it goto www.gearchatter.com and look at say 2000 Camaro DTC P0103, it will show you the factory diagnostic chart/procedure.