PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions, idle TPS % and LC-1

Darkness
May 25th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Hi guys,

When at idle my logs are showing that my TPS is at 8%, and the the throtle is all the way up. Also its a drive by wire TB not cable.

The other question is my LC-1 is reading WAY too lean, anywhere from 25 at WOT to 40 at cruise!!!

How can I fix these issues?

jfpilla
May 25th, 2006, 12:55 PM
If you go to f8 in the scanner and right click on parameters you will often find definitions, formulas, etc.
When you turn on the ignition the throttle blade is set to a slightly open position. As if you pushed on the gas pedal. ETC cars always show more than 0.

Darkness
May 26th, 2006, 02:57 AM
If you go to f8 in the scanner and right click on parameters you will often find definitions, formulas, etc.
When you turn on the ignition the throttle blade is set to a slightly open position. As if you pushed on the gas pedal. ETC cars always show more than 0.
So how can the car go into idle mode if it never goes below 8% should I put down idle mode as less than 8% then instead of 0%?

jfpilla
May 26th, 2006, 03:13 AM
So how can the car go into idle mode if it never goes below 8% should I put down idle mode as less than 8% then instead of 0%?

With ETC idle will always be some % above 0.
Idle mode occurs based on speed. Look through the throttle follower and throttle cracker tables.

Darkness
May 27th, 2006, 09:57 AM
With ETC idle will always be some % above 0.
Idle mode occurs based on speed. Look through the throttle follower and throttle cracker tables.
They seem good, but then again I might not know what to look for. Another problem is that sometimes the idle is at 2000rpms while driving around and only comes down to 950 after being at full stop for a sec or two. What is causing this?

Thanks. :cheers:

purrvert
May 27th, 2006, 10:05 AM
They seem good, but then again I might not know what to look for. Another problem is that sometimes the idle is at 2000rpms while driving around and only comes down to 950 after being at full stop for a sec or two. What is causing this?

Thanks. :cheers:

Try logging Throttle Position rather than Absolute Throttle Position, you may find that the throttle actually returns to 0. Absolute Throttle Position is throttle plus IAC, hence the 7%.
Throttle cracker/follower partially determines how fast your engine returns to idle.

TAQuickness
May 27th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Try logging Throttle Position rather than Absolute Throttle Position, you may find that the throttle actually returns to 0. Absolute Throttle Position is throttle plus IAC, hence the 7%.
Throttle cracker/follower partially determines how fast your engine returns to idle.

Probably just need to adjust the decay rates

Darkness
May 27th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks, boy you guys are fast. I'll give it a try. :)