PDA

View Full Version : Help! Error code $053e Vin Security Restriction

AriesLady
April 25th, 2016, 03:51 AM
2014 Dodge Ram 2500

Using Efilive by Ryan.

Attempted to flash a CSP4 file. Worked great the first time. Tried to switch to different power level (level 4) and received error code $053e.

Waiting on CS from EfiLive by Ryan. This happened on Friday and my truck has been unable to start all weekend.

They sent a new CSP4 file this morning. Downloaded and attempted to flash file. It failed with the same error code.

Any advice? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Move'n Up
April 25th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Obviously Double check your VIN number and have your tuner verify that's what he has in the tune file as well.

Also are you flashing direct to the OBDII port and not through a pass-through cable of any sort?

AriesLady
April 25th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Hi Move'n Up.

Thank you for the quick reply. I confirmed the VIN listed in the Scan and Tune Software, but I could not open the file and confirm this.

I'm only using the supplied cable from the Autocal device to the OBDII port.

Still waiting to hear back from Hardway Performance. I'll ask about the VIN.

I read on another forum to flash a non-vin-restricted file first. I'll try that if I can get a hold of one from Hardway Performance.

Thanks!

AriesLady
April 25th, 2016, 05:47 AM
Update: Got an old non-restricted tune file from Hardway Performance. Flashed fine!

Then I attempted to flash the new, correct vin-restricted CSP4 file. No errors! Flashing at 65% right now.

Move'n Up
April 25th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Great, I bet they fat fingered your VIN.

AriesLady
April 25th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Hey Move'nUp.

That flash finished and the truck started and sounds like a beast.

I'm not sure how I got that VIN security restrictions error, but flashing the non restricted file must have cleared that error out somehow. I don't think they fat fingered the VIN, because the same file that was giving me the error, is the one that ended up working.

Thanks for responding! It was nice to not be alone through the troubleshooting process.