PDA

View Full Version : USB DRIVERS for efi live

ZL1Killa
May 26th, 2006, 06:37 AM
i used the link under PLEASE READ FIRST on the forums homepage...there apparently is a missing file in the .zip file for updating the usb drivers,
or my laptop hates me.

I followed all the steps listed to update the driver...windows couldn't complete the install as it said a file was missing

I wanted to update the usb drivers first and then do the EFI LIVE newest upgrade... or am I doing this backwards

ZL1Killa
May 26th, 2006, 06:46 AM
nope, installed the new efi live version and it still gives me the same error. and I made sure before i installed the new efi live version that the usb driver for efi live had not been installed.

ZL1Killa
May 26th, 2006, 07:11 AM
ok, i'm now confused. Where is the full download so that I can update my EFI Live installation;

then what is this update thing that says may 3, 2006 ??

and the driver files are missing something....neither the new or the old usb drivers work for me

Tordne
May 26th, 2006, 07:48 AM
The fle I downloaded and installed was named "EFILive_FlashScan_Drivers_3_1_2.zip". I had no issue with this at all.

I did this as soon as they were posted and have applied probably 3-4 updated buils of EFILive as well.

Ninety8C5
May 26th, 2006, 08:16 AM
You didn't state what operating system you are using, but the new drivers installed fine on my desktop with WinXP. I could not install the drivers on my laptop with Win2K without first uninstalling the old drivers. Use 'Uninstalling FlashScan.pdf' to remove version 1 drivers and then install the version 3 drivers. Worked for me.

Tordne
May 26th, 2006, 08:23 AM
...without first uninstalling the old drivers...

That is possibly a good point. I removed the drivers using "Add/Remove Programs" and would have also removed the FlashScan device from "Device Manager".

Might be worth a try?

Cheers,

ZL1Killa
May 26th, 2006, 08:28 AM
i will try that.

i went to install the original drivers that came with my efi live cd and they installed fine.

ZL1Killa
May 26th, 2006, 08:39 AM
alright. Lets just get started here. I had to use :

Add remove programs for the drivers
plug in the EFI LIVE cord go to device manager, double click the usb efi live driver
then uninstall driver.
remove the efi live cord

refresh for hardware changes

plug in the efi live cable, go to device manager click on the question mark by the usb efi live driver, then install the newer driver

GOD.

thanks for some help guys...guess every damn computer is THAT different.

oh and hopefully...just hopefully i will hit the 12's this weekend at fayetteville motorsports park (1/4 mile) going sunday from 1-6pm

joecar
May 26th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Good luck on Sunday.:beer:

DaddySS
May 26th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Can't find the updated drivers in the download?

Tordne
May 26th, 2006, 01:52 PM
They are in this thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=20408#post20408).

ZL1Killa
May 27th, 2006, 12:36 PM
yeh, also if anyone needs help with this let me know. I got all my problems solved