PDA

View Full Version : Is this real knock?

Manuel
May 1st, 2016, 11:38 PM
Hello.

I have been testing and tuning for the past 6 months, car is an Australian HSV VZ Clubsport, engine is LS2 with E40 pcm.

I have noticed some knock occurring in my log, it starts at frame 1974. knock peaks at 5.7 and then ramps down to 0. No audible knock was detected.

So is this real knock?

How can I better understand what is happening?

Thanks.

Manuel

joecar
May 2nd, 2016, 10:38 AM
Does not look like it to me.

ECM may be picking up some noise that sounds almost like knock...

Manuel
May 2nd, 2016, 07:54 PM
No worries.

Thanks for that.

BHC5
July 2nd, 2017, 11:44 AM
Same question here. Just getting started tuning (novice) on new motor using LS1 type knock sensors on the side of an LS3 block. LS1 car pcm. I have tamed down the timing tables or so I think. 10.5:1 CR, running 91 octane pump gas (highest available here) The machine shop made the cylinder bores slightly looser than factory, and the rod and mains are on the + side too so I'm wondering if that is working against me. Log attached

joecar
July 3rd, 2017, 09:17 AM
See your other thread.

Highlander
July 29th, 2017, 05:11 AM
Same question here. Just getting started tuning (novice) on new motor using LS1 type knock sensors on the side of an LS3 block. LS1 car pcm. I have tamed down the timing tables or so I think. 10.5:1 CR, running 91 octane pump gas (highest available here) The machine shop made the cylinder bores slightly looser than factory, and the rod and mains are on the + side too so I'm wondering if that is working against me. Log attached

The problem with this is that the gate window is completely incorrect now and no tuning software has the tables to fix it. What os are you using?

joecar
July 29th, 2017, 09:18 AM
We don't have KS data for LS1/LS3 crossed sensors.

BHC5
July 30th, 2017, 01:21 PM
I am using the original OS that came with the car from factory, 1998 LS1A. I wonder if a slipping clutch might be picked up and cause KR too?

I had too thick of a shim behind slave cylinder, twin mcleod was slippping a little... ARGGG

Highlander
August 13th, 2017, 06:12 AM
anyone interested in the KS data for bank to bank switchover?

joecar
August 13th, 2017, 09:44 AM
anyone interested in the KS data for bank to bank switchover?I believe they are very interested, I know of various people running crossed sensors.

Thanks.

BHC5
August 14th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Highlander, I have a pair of new LS2/3 side mount knock sensors and an adapter harness to connect to my LS1 car harness to the newer LS2/3 side-of-block knock sensors. Would this data you speak of allow one to use this setup with success???? Very Interested if so!!! https://forum.efilive.com/images/smilies/new/w00t.gif

Highlander
August 14th, 2017, 12:56 PM
They work fine. Yes this calibration would be part of it. That being said, you need to wire them differently and you cannot use this sensors into the connector your stockers used to connect. EFILive has the PINout on its description when selecting the flat response sensors.