PDA

View Full Version : EFILive Support - Memorial Weekend

Black02SS
May 27th, 2006, 05:30 AM
In case some of you aren't aware, Ross and Paul are out of town for the holiday weekend, so if some your questions aren't answered or emails aren't replied to, this is why. If anyone has anything that I can try and help with, I will be more then happy to until they get back.

Thanks

TAQuickness
May 27th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I need some help. I can't figure out why the heck my left bank is still running lean

Black02SS
May 27th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Figure it out yourself. :lol:

caver
May 27th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Might have something to do with the Coriolis force, of course this will only apply in the Northern hemisphere as down here its the right banks that run lean :)

TAQuickness
May 27th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Might have something to do with the Coriolis force, of course this will only apply in the Northern hemisphere as down here its the right banks that run lean :)

now there's a thought.

Black02SS
May 27th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Maybe you need to wait until all the planets are in line.

Trippin
May 28th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Help me, I can't find my spark plugs...............:frown:

Tydriver
May 28th, 2006, 04:23 AM
now there's a thought.

LOL.. I was waiting to see you incorporate that into your signature somehow.. Or atleast part of it.. :nixweiss:

joecar
May 28th, 2006, 07:39 AM
The problem is that your car knows (from planet alignment) when the parts stores are all closed...

so if you troubleshoot you will find a broken critical hard-to-find part, needing a trip to the closed parts strore... :D

time for another beer or two. :cheers:

Black02SS
May 28th, 2006, 10:18 AM
And the trip to the closed parts store would entail a new log. :)

joecar
May 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM
And the trip to the closed parts store would entail a new log. :)Oh definitely, and a possible tweak on 1 or 2 tables and a reflash before coming back home. :D

Tordne
May 28th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Oh definitely, and a possible tweak on 1 or 2 tables and a reflash before coming back home. :D

Nah, Chad the lucky bugger has one of them RoadRunners. So he just changes the table and presses Enter. Bastard!

Got to get me one of those!!

TAQuickness
May 28th, 2006, 10:43 AM
maƱana. car sat with no manifold for 2 weeks while the new bottom shell was in transit. left my laptop power supply plugged in the whole time. need a new battery and a miracle.

But the good news is, the AFR's were within .5% of each other until I revved it up in the garage. after that, i was back to a 7% difference.:bash:

LOL.. I was waiting to see you incorporate that into your signature somehow.. Or atleast part of it.. :nixweiss:

:D

joecar
May 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM
TA,

I know you would have checked for intake leaks and header leaks...

have your tried swapping injectors left-bank to right-bank and seeing if the [sign of the] difference follows the injectors.

BACKinBLACK
May 29th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Is it normal for one bank to require more LTFT adjustments then the other? I havent gotten my wideband installed yet so i dont know about AFR's but i have put new injectors on the car and both banks require different LTFT adjustments and they are always small differences.

I have noticed though that sometimes the left one will need more and sometimes it will need less then right bank , it just depends on RPMs and what not, but it appears to be consistent.

Should i look for leaks or is this normal?

Black02SS
May 29th, 2006, 05:42 AM
You can't tune individual banks so there is really not much you can do.

superls1
May 29th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Should the ETC Bi-directional function work on a 2005 Avalanche? I can get all the other controls to function, but this one (ETC) doesn't seem to do anything. Is this a known problem?

TAQuickness
May 29th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Is it normal for one bank to require more LTFT adjustments then the other? I havent gotten my wideband installed yet so i dont know about AFR's but i have put new injectors on the car and both banks require different LTFT adjustments and they are always small differences.

I have noticed though that sometimes the left one will need more and sometimes it will need less then right bank , it just depends on RPMs and what not, but it appears to be consistent.

Should i look for leaks or is this normal?

If they are within 5% of each other, i wouldn't worry too much about it.

I finally had a chance to take the bird for a spin... it's getting better, within 2% in most areas, but not quite to my liking yet.:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

BACKinBLACK
May 29th, 2006, 02:53 PM
is there a way to make a map in the scan tool to show the difference or average btwn the left bank and the right bank (LTFT's)

Tordne
May 29th, 2006, 02:58 PM
is there a way to make a map in the scan tool to show the difference or average btwn the left bank and the right bank (LTFT's)

If you want to average between the left and right banks you just make a custom PID that calculates the average, and then use that custom PID as the data in the map.

johnsZ06
May 30th, 2006, 03:35 AM
But the good news is, the AFR's were within .5% of each other until I revved it up in the garage. after that, i was back to a 7% difference.:bash:

:D
I have the same problem but it only shows itself on decel and it is as much as 7%.

When i had the intake manifold off, I noticed that the matting surfaces are not straight and true. I had minor variations that were detected with a straight edge and feeler gauge, as much as .020 variance between ports!

I was hoping that new gaskets would fill the gap but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Have you checked for the possibility of a vacuum leak?

dc_justin
May 30th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I have the same problem but it only shows itself on decel and it is as much as 7%.

When i had the intake manifold off, I noticed that the matting surfaces are not straight and true. I had minor variations that were detected with a straight edge and feeler gauge, as much as .020 variance between ports!

I was hoping that new gaskets would fill the gap but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I have the same problem with my SS, but my variations can get up to 10-12%, only on decel.

TAQuickness
May 30th, 2006, 11:45 AM

If you only new what I've been thru. :nixweiss:

johnsZ06
May 30th, 2006, 01:44 PM
If you only new what I've been thru. :nixweiss:
Well, I'm almost certain that I'm sucking air on decel. My heads have been flat milled .036" and the intake must not be making a good seal.

I would think that a vacuum leak would be most likely to show itself on decel due to increased vacuum. It makes sense, no?

I wonder if it's possible to have these composite manifolds milled the same amount to compensate?