PDA

View Full Version : C@C tuning with an Asin trans

catman3126
May 9th, 2016, 09:06 AM
I got asked from a customer that had a trans go bad at 160K that we tuned with some added power. it was a C@C with a asin trans and I'll post the pic of the warning that came with the trans about having a tuned ECM while running an asin trans.

the warning says that the performance enhancement program in the ecm without addressing the trans causes the adapts to freeze and damage the trans. anyone know what this is about?

Mitco39
May 10th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Yes what guys were doing was flashing 68rfe tunes into the C&C trucks and at first everything seems great, but the aisin stops learning when this happens. You MUST flash a C&C with an Aisin with a C&C base tune.

catman3126
May 10th, 2016, 09:26 AM
that's what I did. I started with the base tune from this rig. these C@C tunes are dialed back it seems compared to a regular pickup. he wanted it tuned up so I tuned it up lol. 160K and it tows. guess that's what did it in.

GMPX
May 10th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Yes what guys were doing was flashing 68rfe tunes into the C&C trucks and at first everything seems great, but the aisin stops learning when this happens. You MUST flash a C&C with an Aisin with a C&C base tune.
Really!, wow that seems like a disaster waiting to happen.