PDA

View Full Version : AutoVe Question, Help!

jamesbond2509
May 27th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I have set up my LC1 wideband and followed the AutoVE tutorial. I currently have an 6.0Litre engine with a supercharger and running the stock MAP (1 bar) Question is; to do the Auto VE do I have to set up the open loop speed density file, and once I obtain results after 20minutes driving do I reflash the original program with the new VE table, as I believe I still need the MAF to run under forced induction. SOS

caver
May 27th, 2006, 09:50 PM
You can run the maf with a 1 bar on forced induction but it is an abortion.It is difficult to set up and if the maf ever fails you will be in big doodoo.
The best and safest way is with a 2 bar map sensor with or without your maf.
Read the tutorial about installing a custom operating system and do that.

TAQuickness
May 27th, 2006, 11:30 PM
you have to disable the MAF to perform the AutoVE

jamesbond2509
May 28th, 2006, 01:17 AM
So it sounds like th AutoVE tutorial is good only for 2 and 3 bar systems ? With FI it wold be a difficult with only a 1 bar. Is that correct? Please advise. Thanks

BACKinBLACK
May 28th, 2006, 03:07 AM
no the autove is good for the 1 bar setup from my understanding.

caver
May 28th, 2006, 04:18 AM
AutoVE is necessary no matter what map sensor you are running. The standard operating can only understand a 1 bar map sensor and maf.
In order to run a 2 bar map sensor you need to install one of the custom operating systems and then do the autove procedure.
After that you can decide whether you wish to retain the maf and run closed loop or toss it and run Speed Density either in open or semi closed loop.

There have been lots of posts about this so do a search.