PDA

View Full Version : Defuel Help

TravisF
May 12th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Any good advice on setting defuel to work better. I have multiple tunes that work well but defuel hard with stock defuel tables. If I modify either the TLIQ or Base Torque tables it still defuels more than I want. I don't expect perfect shifts like a th350 or anything like that. But it seems when I get it almost perfect then it shifts hard when downshifting coming to a stop. Most likely seeing less torque than expected. And if I ramp up the tables then I get the rpm flare on upshifts. I saw a post where a guy made a spreadsheet to compare TBIQ TLIQ and Base Torque. But it take forever to make right. Its all manual entry's and one number affects multiple cells. There has to be a somewhat easy way to make this work.

WisconsinHick1
May 12th, 2016, 01:45 AM
Post up the tune and I'll take a look at it.

TravisF
May 12th, 2016, 04:11 AM
my tliq and base torque are back to stock again. I can get it close but I just wanted some tips to see what I am actually shooting for. I did notice that tliq seems to make the most drastic changes in defueling.

LB72004
May 22nd, 2016, 05:37 AM
I saw a post where a guy made a spreadsheet to compare TBIQ TLIQ and Base Torque. But it take forever to make right. Its all manual entry's and one number affects multiple cells. There has to be a somewhat easy way to make this work.

That was likely me. Once you figure out what needs to be adjusted to make all three tables add up it is not that difficult. The spreadsheet really speeds it up for me. If want, post up the tune and I can do it for you.