PDA

View Full Version : Missing tuning options

MNT250
May 26th, 2016, 04:03 AM
When can we expect additional tuning options like the big duramax trucks 2015+? EGR control and various options.

Padendiesel
June 1st, 2016, 02:17 PM
I would also like to know if there will be VGT control please

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 2nd, 2016, 09:46 AM
Unless you have a NON-USA Based E98 then you probably will not see anything like the NON-USA Based E98/ECM tables in anything with USA EPA controls.

Unless EFI-Live has a change of heart............LOL

cindy@efilive
June 2nd, 2016, 10:28 AM
Unless you have a NON-USA Based E98 then you probably will not see anything like the NON-USA Based E98/ECM tables in anything with USA EPA controls.

Or there is a change in USA policy.....

Padendiesel
June 2nd, 2016, 10:52 AM

Yup pretty annoying us little guys get the Dill pickle

Leadejon
September 9th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Yup pretty annoying us little guys get the Dill pickle

I have the stock file of my USA based canyon on EFI live tune software and I don't show any of the emission settings but I sent that same stock file to a well known tuner and he had all dtc options and everything else he needed to do the deletes. So it must be EFI's software not the E98 ECM..

hacklerjason
September 9th, 2016, 02:34 PM
I have the stock file of my USA based canyon on EFI live tune software and I don't show any of the emission settings but I sent that same stock file to a well known tuner and he had all dtc options and everything else he needed to do the deletes. So it must be EFI's software not the E98 ECM..
Word! Can you ask Dr if he's accepting new patients?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hacklerjason
September 9th, 2016, 02:35 PM
And was your delete successful? Has it been driven since? Do you have any feedback on the tune? Change of power levels?

Leadejon
September 9th, 2016, 02:41 PM
And was your delete successful? Has it been driven since? Do you have any feedback on the tune? Change of power levels?

Haven't done it yet we are aways apart so delete tuning would be straight forward but to do performance tuning when he hasn't done one before and having to do it remotely would be tricky.

hacklerjason
September 9th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Haven't done it yet we are aways apart so delete tuning would be straight forward but to do performance tuning when he hasn't done one before and having to do it remotely would be tricky.
Should have him do the delete and see how it gets down... Then the performance side isn't hard because they give you that out of the box with efi

Leadejon
September 9th, 2016, 02:44 PM
I was hoping to have a more concrete option before voiding warranty.

hacklerjason
September 9th, 2016, 02:53 PM
I was hoping to have a more concrete option before voiding warranty.
Efilive is as good as it gets... Hpt can do codes, fuel, timing, and a few other things efi cannot... There really isn't any other better options... Your tuner is the very first to crack the code.. Get yours done, tell me about how pleased you are with it, and tell him at least half of the owners if diesels sold are on their way to emailing him about getting theirs done... Your tuner is about to make the load! Get that or plug me in so I can get that haha

Leadejon
September 9th, 2016, 02:55 PM
I'll keep you in loop.. give me week or so ..probably on Colorado forum thou .,do you have unlocked auto cal or anything?

hacklerjason
September 9th, 2016, 03:11 PM
I'll keep you in loop.. give me week or so ..probably on Colorado forum thou .,do you have unlocked auto cal or anything?
Dude I'm 100% ready with my hardware... It don't matter if he got hpt or efi.. I can flash what he's got and if I can't I'll get it that day

hacklerjason
September 9th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Dude I'm 100% ready with my hardware... It don't matter if he got hpt or efi.. I can flash what he's got and if I don't I'll get it that day

Do you have the tune and haven't flashed yet, or have you yet to obtain the tune?

GMPX
September 11th, 2016, 09:53 AM

Hpt can do codes

Now isn't that an interesting thing from a US based company, about time they got on the watch list too :hihi:

hacklerjason
September 11th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Now isn't that interesting :hihi:
Its not like that at all, I own both and I think both have very good places in the market

GMPX
September 11th, 2016, 09:58 AM
I edited my post to make it more clear what I was saying, it wasn't about which software can do what in terms of overall capability.

hacklerjason
September 11th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I edited my post to make it more clear what I was saying, it wasn't about which software can do what in terms of overall capability.
I don't know what to reply back? I swear hpt wasnt usa based?

jheyob
December 29th, 2016, 04:47 AM
Will there be more tables added eventually? Would be nice to have exhaust brake tables like we do with the LML's, along with all the other VGT tables.

hacklerjason
December 29th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Will there be more tables added eventually? Would be nice to have exhaust brake tables like we do with the LML's, along with all the other VGT tables.
HPT has vane position tables but that is the only difference. EFIlive will eventually have those... Until then I use both back an forth..

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jheyob
December 29th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Nice. I was thinking that if they weren't there already, they would never be. Pretty basic tables that we've had on every other dmax with vgt and these trucks have been out for a couple years already.

hacklerjason
March 21st, 2017, 07:30 AM
VGT tables are now available... Ross sent me the calibration definition file to add those, its attached

SV8346
April 6th, 2017, 01:15 PM
VGT tables are now available... Ross sent me the calibration definition file to add those, its attached

Is this available for other OS yet? Mine is running 55491998 upgraded to 65491998 DSP4. VGT control would be nice.

hacklerjason
April 6th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Is this available for other OS yet? Mine is running 55491998 upgraded to 65491998 DSP4. VGT control would be nice.
Should ask Ross... Ive only followed 55493455 because that's the os I'm on... I was told the DSP4 would be added to the next update but I'm waiting for something better than beta.. I'm sure it's gonna work fine, but I don't wanna flash from a beta

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jheyob
July 21st, 2017, 12:19 PM

yay, nay?

GMPX
July 23rd, 2017, 10:15 AM
Pretty much been working on Cummins HD for the last 3 or 4 months solid so no new things have been added to E98 (apart from support for the new OS's GM have been releasing for them).

SV8346
August 15th, 2017, 08:31 AM
So what are the chances of getting VGT control in 55491998? Was hoping it may have been in the latest update but still nothing yet?

ben94
February 16th, 2018, 05:13 PM
Has anyone had luck deleting the 2017's yet id like to do mine.

RDLLC
January 11th, 2020, 10:07 AM
Has anyone had luck deleting the 2017's yet id like to do mine.

Old tread but also curious.

hacklerjason
January 11th, 2020, 04:46 PM
The answer is not here guys

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk