PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan No longer working over USB

HellKnightHicks
May 29th, 2016, 12:47 PM
My FlashScan has just stopped connecting to my laptop... Ive tried a couple of different USB cables and different ports but the Flash and Scan Tool wont connect.

Takes for ever to come up when connecting the device Via USB. Blue Light doesnt flash any more. Never had this problem before.

Does this mean that it needs to be sent in for servicing?

Its a V2

Model: FSV2

Firmware
Ver: 2.07.82
Date: April 10, 2015

Boot Block
Ver: 2.07.07
Feb 07. 2014

Im on Windows 10...
Bummer....

HellKnightHicks
May 29th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I do not have this xHCI Technology that is listed in the following thread
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23223-Please-Read-Windows-8-Users-(USB3-xHCI)

I have successfuly flashed using this setup in the past.

Blacky
May 29th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Does this mean that it needs to be sent in for servicing?

The three most common causes that prevent a FlashScan device from connecting via USB are:

The USB drivers are not installed correctly on the PC.
The USB-B socket at the top of the FlashScan device has cracked/broken solder joints.
The USB sacrificial power chip has been damaged. That chip will fry itself to protect the rest of the device and to protect your PC/laptop from high current/voltage originating from the vehicle connected via FlashScan to your laptop.

Item 1 can usually be fixed by removing the EFILive/FTDI drivers and re-installing them. To do that, use the Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive USB Manager software. Remove all drivers, then install all drivers again.
Item 2 can usually be fixed by reflowing the solder joints around the USB-B socket on the FlashScan circuit board. If your device is still under warranty then you should return it to an authorized EFLive repairer for repairs. Opening the device and reflowing the solder yourself will void any warranty.
Item 3 should be fixed by an authorized EFILive repairer who has the correct replacement chip.

In the US you should return your device to SoCal Diesel, their contact details are here: http://www.efilive.com/distributors

Regards
Paul

HellKnightHicks
May 31st, 2016, 02:10 AM
Re installing EFILive V8 seemed to fix my issue.

Thanks for the response.

joecar
May 31st, 2016, 04:08 AM
ok cool :cheers: