PDA

View Full Version : E54 Issues Again

WisconsinHick1
May 30th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Alright this ECM I have flashed multiple times without issue. Now it is asking me to license it again. I has shown zero's in the VIN since I reiceved it back even after I put in my trucks VIN since day one. I have always flashed this with my bench harness without issues. I love these trucks but they continue to have ECM issues lol.

GMPX
May 30th, 2016, 08:58 AM
What that first screen shot after you got the ECM back?
Licenses are not linked to the VIN number, they are linked to the ECM serial number (which you can see is showing as N/A). Did you happen to read the ECM when you got it back from being repaired?

WisconsinHick1
May 30th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Of all the stock ECM files I have kept from various trucks I made the mistake of not pulling that one before flashing it.

WisconsinHick1
May 31st, 2016, 04:35 AM
Sorry no the first image was captured after the ECM said it needed another license yesterday. What I found interesting was the first time I programmed the ECM after receiving it back was that it did not require a licenses. This was an ECM I never licensed before sending it out. It let me reprogram it a 3 times I believe before it asked me to licenses it.