PDA

View Full Version : C7 with two codes cant be disabled in tune file

wesam
May 31st, 2016, 03:43 AM
I have a problem with two Corvette C7 with after market Catback systems the cars showing two codes : P12E7 and P12EB
but when i search for the codes in the tune file for the cars i could not find it to disable it

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Taz
May 31st, 2016, 07:24 AM
If you disconnect the OEM exhaust flow control valve, you will likely set those codes (and often more). I believe those DTCs are from the BCM (GM may be calling it a CCM in the new Corvette).

wesam
May 31st, 2016, 07:33 AM
So what people do when installing aftermarket exhust system im C7 ?
Is there any way to disable these codes ?

GMPX
May 31st, 2016, 03:54 PM
I suspect you might have to put some sort of resistive circuit where the solenoid used to be so the controller (I thought it was the FSCM) doesn't report the code.

Taz
May 31st, 2016, 10:04 PM
So what people do when installing aftermarket exhust system im C7 ?
Is there any way to disable these codes ?

As an example, if you look at Borla’s website, you will see that they offer 2 cat-back kits for the C7. For all C7’s, the AFM exhaust flow valves (before the mufflers) are retained in the Borla AFM kit. For C7’s with the NPP exhaust (Z51 option) there are also exhaust flow valves after the mufflers.

Any cat-back kit without these flow valves (or that do not retain the OEM flow valves) will cause DTC issues.

Regarding what to do with a cat-back kit that does not incorporate the exhaust flow valves ... don’t use it, unless you are willing to have the MIL on forever. I believe some people who installed kits that did not incorporate the exhaust flow valves – ended up removing these from the OEM exhaust system, plugging in the electrical connectors, and then mounting them out of the way.

wesam
February 11th, 2017, 06:36 PM
It seems that the other software can flash the Chassis Control Module now
I hope this will be added in the future in EFILive

Thanks in advance

HOWQUICK
February 12th, 2017, 11:29 AM
It seems that the other software can flash the Chassis Control Module now
I hope this will be added in the future in EFILive

Thanks in advance

Have you seen this in person or just going on "rumour" around the place. Screen shots would be great.

Highlander
February 14th, 2017, 03:36 AM
There is an emulator for the valves....

Contact me.. i might be able to help you

wesam
February 14th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Screen shots in the first post you can check it

HOWQUICK
February 14th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Screen shots in the first post you can check it

yeah of the "tuning software" on offer from other brands...not your fault codes!! I included your post with what the query was in reference to....