PDA

View Full Version : Bag of parts........

Scarface
June 1st, 2016, 12:54 AM
WELL GOT TO PICK A FEW OF YALLS BRAINS ON THIS ONE. Did a injector job on a lb7 with 30% injectors. truck ran great cool egts. two weeks of past customer now has us add the bag of parts to cp3 now running warm egts and smokey now. I got data logs of it. would it be the fuel pressure or injector pulse needing the change.

SASDakota
June 1st, 2016, 05:41 AM
What parameters are you logging? Can you post it up?

Scarface
June 2nd, 2016, 02:11 AM
I am doing rail and and injector pulse is what I am looking at.i do have the data log figuring out how to post it in here

SASDakota
June 2nd, 2016, 03:03 AM
I am doing rail and and injector pulse is what I am looking at.i do have the data log figuring out how to post it in here

I haven't done anything in depth with an LB7 but does it offer FCA PIDs like duty% or amp?

Are you logging RP actual and RP desired as well?

TP, RPM, Coolant, Boost, Main timing, Pilot timing, Main qty, Pilot Qty, Main pulse, RP_A, RP_D, FCA% or amps. Need to see the whole picture to determine the cause of EGTs and smoke.

It could be the Bag of Parts agitating a timing vs qty issue (not saying there is infact an issue with the tune, but I've seen it). But if FCA is really low or erratic and RP is possibly overshooting the target. It would be an obvious CP3 issue.

There are many variables once hardparts get changed as we all know.

Scarface
June 2nd, 2016, 03:05 AM
true on that. I know she is pissy about it

THEFERMANATOR
June 2nd, 2016, 02:49 PM
1st things first, how was desired vs actual rail before? Next how is it now? I don't remember the PID's right now, but there is one to watch for total fuel system flow(it is a hypothetical PID as it is impossible to measure total flow. Also log actual VS desired rail valve current. With the extra fuel, you're probably overshooting your rail pressure some, and it's slow to bring the pressure back down causing over fueling now.

Scarface
June 3rd, 2016, 02:03 AM
ok thefermanator. I watched the data log this morning and I can see the two pressures are running the same but I do notice a dip in the graph then comes back. I suspect like u said I am over shooting the fuel pressure in it. I do have the data logs if u wanna take a look. I do have the tune. just figuring up how to post them in hear

SASDakota
June 3rd, 2016, 04:03 AM
I haven't posted logs before but can't you just go to advanced reply and attach files there?

SASDakota
June 3rd, 2016, 04:05 AM

This is just an attachment test LB7 stock file.

SASDakota
June 3rd, 2016, 04:07 AM
Sorry to keep spamming your thread.. What injectors are they and did they come with flow chart/stats for adjusting pulse width vs. volume?

Scarface
June 3rd, 2016, 04:39 AM
set of brand new 30% injectors from industrial shipped to customer in pa the injectors were put in prior to the bag of parts and ran great low egts and hardly and smoke. but customer wanted bag of parts. I walk the customer thru team viewer to do the data logs on his truck.

Scarface
June 3rd, 2016, 04:41 AM
19784 here is a data log

Scarface
June 3rd, 2016, 04:41 AM
and the tune file

SASDakota
June 3rd, 2016, 05:43 AM
Do you have a matching log prior to bag of parts? Is it the same tune prior BOP as it is after?

Also, at what point is it smokey?

Scarface
June 3rd, 2016, 06:27 AM
same tune no changes when the bag of parts was add. and no prior log with the new injectors. just log of injectors with bag of parts

THEFERMANATOR
June 5th, 2016, 04:34 PM
19784 here is a data log

Need to also include desired VS actual rail valve current, and total fuel system flow, it helps to edit the rail valve current table easier.

THEFERMANATOR
June 5th, 2016, 05:03 PM
I was just going over your log, and I see where you went WOT on it the actual rail was all over the place fluctuating up and down. Without the rail valve current PID's and total flow, it's a shot in the dark where to modify the B1010 table. And does it do this in all the tunes the same, or is it worse in one than others? I see you're still running the 01 tune file, this sucker gave me FITS in my BURB before I finally ditched it. I would randomnly get PLUMES of black smoke dropping it in to gear, sometimes no power, and so on with the same OS in a DSP2. I ran it for about a day before I ditched it and went back to the 6006 and took care of ALL of my weird tuning issues. For the most part it doesn't look to bad UNTIL you go WOT, then it fluctuates all over. Get teh 3 other PIDS to look at teh rail valve current table 1st, but this might end up being either a hard part problem in the regulator from a piece of debris getting in during the BOP install, or an OS problem that MANY of us had with the 8873 OS. And 1 last thing, you need to redo your pulse tables. you've taken way to much pulse out of the tables. Take a stock table, pull 100 from the WHOLE table, then reduce it by 10%, add 100 back in to all the tables that shouldn't be 0, and you should be real close on your pulse tables then. 30 overs only need about a 10-12 % reduction AFTER you account for latency, you went WAY to far for 30's which is going to cause idle issues.

Scarface
June 7th, 2016, 09:11 AM
ok thanks for the info thefermantor. I am going to redo the injection tables and yes it does it on all tables and does idle fine. but going to clean it up some

Scarface
June 7th, 2016, 09:17 AM
but will the 6006 os be able to have the ac work I have had a another dmax that someone ran a 6006 in it and ac stopped working

Scarface
June 7th, 2016, 09:29 AM
would u by chance have a stock 6006 os file

THEFERMANATOR
June 7th, 2016, 05:19 PM
I use this one in most everything, and is the same I run(mines setup for manual, but I have sent it to others with auto climate control).19834

THEFERMANATOR
June 7th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Where you're having issues at won't be changed by changing the fuel tables. That will jsut help get your fuel rates back inline where they should be for the idle/low power areas. To me this looks like a regulator with a bur or something with the way it won't hold steady. but without seeing the rail valve current tables, its all guessing.

Scarface
June 8th, 2016, 12:53 AM
ok thefermanator. this was all new parts that went on the truck and the customer is a gm mechanic. so hopefully nothing got damaged during install.

Scarface
June 13th, 2016, 01:38 AM
got the injector tables back to were they should be. getting a data log but the insight monitor did not like the 6006os system in it. but also did other os as well monitor works. just now getting the data log I need on it

THEFERMANATOR
June 16th, 2016, 02:49 PM
The edge only likes the 4441 os, and you have to also put an 02 vin in it. 01-02 trucks are fun aint they.