PDA

View Full Version : A50 line pressure control

DURAtotheMAX
June 2nd, 2016, 11:38 AM
Is the desired line pressure vs. commanded solenoid current table (or anything else related to line pressure control) planning on being released to the rest of us?

I understand if not, to protect other tuners'...but Im just curious if Im wasting my time trying to find it myself. :)

Ben

cindy@efilive
June 2nd, 2016, 12:32 PM
Is the desired line pressure vs. commanded solenoid current table (or anything else related to line pressure control) planning on being released to the rest of us?

I understand if not, to protect other tuners'...but Im just curious if Im wasting my time trying to find it myself. :)

Ben

Your message implies that EFILive offers 2 versions of software - one version that has these features and one version that does not.

I can assure you that isn't the case. The EFILive software is the same for every user.

Ross can't multi-task between controllers. It's impossible. A50 is scheduled to be looked at again, but it's not a critical priority for us given the time taken for feedback. To put that into perspective, A50 spent 3 months in beta. The week of the release was the first time that anyone indicated that what was available wasn't enough and some features didn't work as designed. That incident changed the entire beta process; where beta software is now available publicly.

Since that change in process....the most requested item for Cummins - 2011-16 transmission parameters were added. We've had feedback from 1 person. Go figure.

Cheers
Cindy

THEFERMANATOR
June 2nd, 2016, 02:46 PM
It's that we KNOW the line pressure tables are available as a tuner out there has found them, and added them in to there tuning lineup. I just wished I knew more about disecting code and how to do this stuff as I wouldn't mind helping out if I could(I have alot of free time on my hands now taht I can no longer work), but I haven't found much info on how to do it, not to mention writing code isn't one of my strong suits.

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 3rd, 2016, 12:31 AM
Your message implies that EFILive offers 2 versions of software - one version that has these features and one version that does not.

I can assure you that isn't the case. The EFILive software is the same for every user.

Ross can't multi-task between controllers. It's impossible. A50 is scheduled to be looked at again, but it's not a critical priority for us given the time taken for feedback. To put that into perspective, A50 spent 3 months in beta. The week of the release was the first time that anyone indicated that what was available wasn't enough and some features didn't work as designed. That incident changed the entire beta process; where beta software is now available publicly.

Since that change in process....the most requested item for Cummins - 2011-16 transmission parameters were added. We've had feedback from 1 person. Go figure.

Cheers
Cindy

When it was released (A50 Support) back in December 2015/January 2016 many of us in that Beta Group, I assume were using it with much success, the reason why there was not a lot of feedback, again I am only assuming this, was because it was working correctly, one Beta tester had issues and one forum member did as well, they were not issues with the software but with how the tuning was being modified that caused the feedback to be incorrect as they work a bit differently than earlier A50/LMM Controllers do.

My "Hope" is A50 Pressure Controls and T87 Pressure Controls with Full Reading/Flashing Support is released ASAP, as the A50 and especially T87 tuning is of benefit to a much larger customer/tuner base than I assume the 68RFE will ever be.

Thank You for the A50 Support, hopeful that EFI-Live/Ross has this on his to do list sooner rather than later.

Enjoy the weekend

cindy@efilive
June 3rd, 2016, 10:20 AM
We've been pretty clear with our testers for many years that positive feedback is just as important as pointing out areas for further attention/enhancements. We are not mind readers. No news is an indication of lack of requirement or lack of use for a feature, not an indication everything is moving along perfectly.

I hope Ross will be back to A50 support soon too, but he's happily playing with a bunch of unsupported ECMs at the moment.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S Phinney
June 3rd, 2016, 02:19 PM
Cindy, I hope it is sooner rather than later myself. I beleive there are multiple areas that should be addressed when revisited. At that time I will certainly be giving as much feedback as I possibly can.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GMPX
June 5th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Way out of line Ben, we don't operate like that. Any additional tables the 'other' tuners are doing is via .cax and they have not shared ANY information with us.

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 7th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Is there any kind of A50 or T87 trans update that is pending to be released ??

Or do you have a time frame when you may revisit this ??

Thanks

GMPX
June 7th, 2016, 09:22 AM
No I haven't worked on them, the 68RFE trans stuff had me tied up for a long time unfortunately. I may get our other cals guy to look at the A50 pressure stuff as he has almost finished on one of the gas ECM's.

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 7th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Thank You !!

GMPX
June 7th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Ah, doesn't mean he will have any more luck than me Tony.

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 7th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Ah, doesn't mean he will have any more luck than me Tony.

I am sure you will have better luck than me finding it.

I find all kinds of things, don't know what they do !!!

catman3126
June 8th, 2016, 08:25 AM
with PPEI releasing T87 tuning can we use the beta update to flash and read the T87 or do we just have to buy the built tune from PPEI? we must be able to flash it now atleast?

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 8th, 2016, 08:31 AM
I think flashing was always possible, no editing was available and is still not available.

I assume a T87 locking patch was in that update ??

catman3126
June 8th, 2016, 08:34 AM
I think flashing was always possible, no editing was available and is still not available.

Alright so we have to buy the tune already built? no way to get a stock tune to build ourself?

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 8th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Alright so we have to buy the tune already built? no way to get a stock tune to build ourself?

Yup, no mapping at all for T87 and no pressure controls mapped for either.........so yes, the only choice is buy a locked file from Kory, he is the only one that even has any tables mapped, EFI-Live does not yet, they did not have a chance to get back to A50 or even start T87 yet.

Road
June 8th, 2016, 09:24 AM
HP Tuners have the T87 mapped out except for line pressure and shift times. I am not 100% sold on all the line pressure hype. Other than burnt tcc clutches how many 6 speed Allison do you see in limp mode. They do a good job protecting themselves. The ecm is in pretty good control of telling the tcm what to do as far as torque goes. I would be more happy being able to adjust shift times than line pressure.

catman3126
June 8th, 2016, 09:28 AM
HP Tuners have the T87 mapped out except for line pressure and shift times. I am not 100% sold on all the line pressure hype. Other than burnt tcc clutches how many 6 speed Allison do you see in limp mode. They do a good job protecting themselves. The ecm is in pretty good control of telling the tcm what to do as far as torque goes. I would be more happy being able to adjust shift times than line pressure.

LOL well I know of two 15.5's that have done a limp mode. odd thing it was it was in 2nd gear on both of ours too.

GMPX
June 8th, 2016, 10:15 AM
T87 reading and flashing has been in the software for a long time (since late 2014 to be exact).
We also posted in the beta section a while ago some 'basic' mapping for the T87/Allison combination, but no pressure controls. It has never been included in a public release because the feedback was that it just wasn't comprehensive enough to be useful.

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 8th, 2016, 10:46 AM
T87 reading and flashing has been in the software for a long time (since late 2014 to be exact).
We also posted in the beta section a while ago some 'basic' mapping for the T87/Allison combination, but no pressure controls. It has never been included in a public release because the feedback was that it just wasn't comprehensive enough to be useful.

Just tried to open a Allison 2015.5 file with the V7.5 Editor, message about unrecognized file.

I skimmed Beta and did not find a beta calz. file for T87.

Perhaps I just don't see it.

catman3126
June 8th, 2016, 11:31 AM

is there a chance that more will be mapped out in the future?

GMPX
June 8th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Just tried to open a Allison 2015.5 file with the V7.5 Editor, message about unrecognized file.

I skimmed Beta and did not find a beta calz. file for T87.

Perhaps I just don't see it.
Ok I take that back, I never released it to beta because what I had figured out was all wrong, I guess I did put my tail between my legs and walked away in frustration only to then work on 68RFE (I can't get a break can I?)

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 9th, 2016, 02:47 AM
Ok I take that back, I never released it to beta because what I had figured out was all wrong, I guess I did put my tail between my legs and walked away in frustration only to then work on 68RFE (I can't get a break can I?)

Everything is for sale for a price, just have to find the right Salesman, you know the kind, like when you buy a stereo in a parking lot from a guy in a white van.

You don't ask questions, you just pay him and move on.

I just have to find that guy selling it from his van no questions asked.......as in someone on the inside selling that information to people on the outside.

You know as well as I do that is exactly what is going on......especially if you are one of the best hackers/reverse engineers and its got you bamboozled, if its that hard to do someone is getting information in order to be able to do it.

cindy@efilive
August 1st, 2016, 04:49 PM
July 2016 Beta software contains T87 transmission tuning parameters. Announcement can be found here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26885-T87-Allison-Transmission-Tuning

Cheers
Cindy

Mitco39
August 24th, 2016, 03:34 AM
The Line pressure tables in the T87 are missing as well. Any word on any development on these? Seems like the most important part of being able to tune these controllers is either being left till last or not being looked into at all.

cindy@efilive
August 24th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Thanks for being the first to provide feedback on the T87 Mitch! But posting it in an A50 thread will ensure its impossible to find when the time comes for the first review. Could you please post your development requests in the T87 thread.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mitco39
August 29th, 2016, 05:44 AM
Absolutely.

GMPX
August 29th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Mind you guys, it is not like we aren't putting these missing tables in because we can't be stuffed, we just don't know how the system works or where the tables are.

jgooch1548
March 24th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Cindy, I see a lot of the posts about no response about Beta when it came to the A50. When this is back on the table for review and possible enhancements, I am more than happy to help where ever I can or it may be needed. My A50 in my LML is my tuning guinea pig anyway.

Cheers
Cindy