PDA

View Full Version : V8 Version 290 Access Violation ??

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 3rd, 2016, 01:21 AM
Hello Paul,

I get a random issue, I have done an un-install and install to no avail.

Same PC, no new changes, any idea ??

Seems to be cause when opening a tune previously permissioned with any restriction, not every tune file, just random.

cindy@efilive
June 3rd, 2016, 09:22 AM
We've been trying to track that one down for months! I occasionally get it too, but can't reliably reproduce it.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

johnj
July 29th, 2016, 01:22 AM
I am also having trouble with an access violation at address b1005200 read of address b1005200. Is there any headway on this issue? I have deleted v8 completely and reinstalled with latest july software. I cant get v8 to go past this violation and flash a truck.

n2brk
August 21st, 2016, 01:05 PM
can we bump this up, please? I got so frustrated that I removed EFI Live, used revo uninstaller to get rid of every trace, and reinstalled using build 303. I cannot open any file in v8 without access violations. I can't click on any of the icons down the left side column without the same error. I also cannot close the program without going into Task Manager to kill it. EFI Live Explorer works just fine, and so does V7.5.

Thanks,
Wally

Blacky
August 21st, 2016, 01:20 PM
When you double-click the EFILive Scan and Tune icon on the desktop to start the software, hold down the Ctrl key and the software will create log files in the \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace folder. You can release the Ctrl key once the software has displayed the main window.

There may be two log files created, one for EFILive_ScanTune and one for EFILive_Hapi.

Click on an icon to produce the failure, then send the trace file(s) to me at paul@efillive.com. Include a link to this thread so I know what it's for.

Regards
Paul

n2brk
August 21st, 2016, 01:25 PM
Will do - thanks so much!!

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 15th, 2016, 07:46 PM
Paul,

Sent trace files, even uninstalling will not correct the issue now.

Blacky
September 15th, 2016, 08:03 PM
An AV can be cause when there is a filename that is longer than 130 characters in the list of most recently used files. The limit is supposed to be 260 but I messed up and accidentally made the limit 130. It will be fixed in the next update (8.2.3 build 305).

Anyway look for a long filename in the file called \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFIive_ScanAndTune.ini in the sections called:
[MRU_Tune] and [MRU_Scan]

At the very least try deleting those two entire sections (while EFILive is not running).
Or even try deleting that entire file.
Or even try deleting all the *.ini files in that folder.

Warning - if you have a UserCalculatedPids.ini file in that folder you may want to save that before deleting all the *.ini files.

Regards
Paul