PDA

View Full Version : Why would EFI v8 Detect Calibration Data but not v7.5

yourCodeSucks
June 3rd, 2016, 11:52 AM
I am a little confused on why version 8 of efilive detects the calibration data from a binary file, yet when I open up the bin file in v7.5 it says "The binary image is not a valid binary size."

Does version 8 has definitions that 7.5 doesn't? What am I missing here?

Here are the screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/QEPjN

joecar
June 4th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Which V7 build version (do Help->About)...?

Post your tune file here.

yourCodeSucks
June 5th, 2016, 04:23 AM
Build 306... Here is the bin file:19808

Taz
June 5th, 2016, 06:28 AM
Looks like the binary file is corrupt .... and a little too large perhaps.

There are also two different VINs in the binary file. One VIN is for a 2012 Cruze LTZ (automatic) - which corresponds with the calibration segments. The other VIN is for a 2012 Cruze 1LT (manual) - which does not correspond with the calibration segments.

yourCodeSucks
June 5th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Looks like the binary file is corrupt .... and a little too large perhaps.

There are also two different VINs in the binary file. One VIN is for a 2012 Cruze LTZ (automatic) - which corresponds with the calibration segments. The other VIN is for a 2012 Cruze 1LT (manual) - which does not correspond with the calibration segments.

Interesting!! Thanks for pointing that out.

Taz
June 5th, 2016, 07:30 AM
I reduced the file size ... it opens now ... no way to know if what remains is corrupt. It is intended for review purposes only, and should NEVER be flashed into any E78 ECM.

yourCodeSucks
June 5th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Thanks!! Exactly what I was intending to do!

ScarabEpic22
June 6th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Also, if it's a tune from the vendor in the Dropbox picture, they do weird things to lock ECMs from being read. I wouldnt trust any read either, I'd start with a fresh base tune and tune from there.