PDA

View Full Version : Changing Tire While Building a Tune

DieselDix
June 6th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Hey all. I have been writing tunes lately and having a blast with it. I'm getting pretty familiar with the tuning basics and some tougher ones. One proplem I keep running into is trying to correct the speedo for bigger tires. If anyone can chime in on this I'd be much appreciative. Ha sorry for the Title. Didn't see it until it was to late.

SASDakota
June 6th, 2016, 06:13 AM
I initially clicked on this thinking you were worried about flashing the truck while changing a tire. I applaud the efficiency of time but just wait the 10 minutes give or take. lol

Then I read your question. The tire size is not housed in the ECM so you cannot change it with EFI Live. I use a dealer level OBD scan tool that can communicate with the ABS module.

DieselDix
June 6th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Ok that makes sense. My next two questions are, so what about the tire section in the maps that asks for a value? If I can't get it through EFI Live, would the dealer help me out with it?

SASDakota
June 6th, 2016, 06:24 AM
Ok that makes sense. My next two questions are, so what about the tire section in the maps that asks for a value? If I can't get it through EFI Live, would the dealer help me out with it?

1. I am unsure of what, if any, use that parameter has. It will not make any change to the speedo I know that.

2. That is a question for the dealer. :mrgreen:

DieselDix
June 6th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Ha ok just called the dealer and they said they can only go up to a 33" tire. Does your scan tool let you go bigger?

2007 5.9
June 6th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Change the VSS to reflect the % off your speedo is and it should work

Move'n Up
June 6th, 2016, 08:47 AM
You can use a Smarty S-06 to change the ABS programming for tire height adjustment from 22.5" to 44". Afterwards Return to Stock and that setting will remain, only the ECM will be returned to stock. Now re-flash the ECM with your EFI Live tune.

DieselDix
June 6th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Alright thank you everyone. I'll try those and see if they work.

DieselDix
June 9th, 2016, 05:37 AM
Change the VSS to reflect the % off your speedo is and it should work
How do I do this to the VSS?

2007 5.9
June 9th, 2016, 08:20 AM
How do I do this to the VSS?

Determine the % off your speedo is and either add or subtract that % from the 8000

DieselDix
June 9th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Determine the % off your speedo is and either add or subtract that % from the 8000

Basically just change the pulses per mile?

2007 5.9
June 9th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Yes change the VSS pulses for the % off your speedo is

DieselDix
June 15th, 2016, 01:59 AM
Alright so I have tried changing the VSS pules for the percent the speedo is off and still no luck. Does the Smarty S06 require a "VIN License" to be able to help with this problem?

Move'n Up
June 15th, 2016, 03:45 AM
Alright so I have tried changing the VSS pules for the percent the speedo is off and still no luck. Does the Smarty S06 require a "VIN License" to be able to help with this problem?
Not if you follow the steps that I outlined above.

DieselDix
June 15th, 2016, 03:51 AM
So I'm suessing I need to bring my truck to stock before starting this operation?

Move'n Up
June 15th, 2016, 05:08 AM
So I'm suessing I need to bring my truck to stock before starting this operation?
Just to be on the safe side I would but not required.

DieselDix
June 15th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Alright thank you much. I will give this a shot.