PDA

View Full Version : New transmission - moving the tune?

langsbr
June 8th, 2016, 01:13 AM
I have an 08 Escalade that was tuned with an Autocal. I have both the engine and trans tuned. My transmission has finally gone out and will be replaced soon. Can I simply return to the stock transmission program, have the transmission replaced, and then program the new transmission?

I emailed my tuner, but the turnaround is very slow. I did get one email that said that I will need a new license for the transmission but I couldn't tell if he thought that the transmission had already been replaced. I know with the 6L80E the TCM is inside the transmission, which is why I was planning to return it to stock.

Thanks

ScarabEpic22
June 8th, 2016, 04:31 AM
Returning a controller to stock does not release a license. You will need to purchase an additional AutoCal VIN license for $125 in order to flash the TCM as you have already flashed 1 ECM and 1 TCM thereby using up the available license.

Once you have the new transmission installed, you will need to read the tune out from it, send to your tuner, have him create a tune, send back to you, and then flash it in. Since you are using an AutoCal, only your tuner can create tunes for you to flash in.

joecar
June 8th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Can you get your own trans rebuilt...?

Taz
June 8th, 2016, 08:38 AM
You could transfer the T43 TCM from your original 6L80, to your replacement 6L80 - this would keep your existing tuning license intact.

ScarabEpic22
June 9th, 2016, 04:23 AM
Can you get your own trans rebuilt...?

You could transfer the T43 TCM from your original 6L80, to your replacement 6L80 - this would keep your existing tuning license intact.

Good suggestions guys, he could keep his license intact and wouldnt have to worry about getting a new tune either (unless its the tune that caused the failure).