PDA

View Full Version : getting Checksum failure.

69camaro5speed
June 11th, 2016, 09:33 AM
looks like the diablosport tuner problem,the beta sight will not come up so i am stuck with a no start car any idea
Hear is the tune

69camaro5speed
June 11th, 2016, 10:59 AM
June 2016 Release Candidate 1 will not work I am stuck with a no start condition

joecar
June 11th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Where/when are you getting the checksum failure...?

Post tune file and screenshots.

69camaro5speed
June 11th, 2016, 04:12 PM
At the end of the flash,I posted the tune,it had a trinity on it before sure wish I new this was a problem,left me in a bad position,not sure how to do a screen shot of it

joecar
June 11th, 2016, 04:29 PM
See post #1 here: Hosting-an-Image (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image)

69camaro5speed
June 12th, 2016, 02:56 AM
ok tune file and first screen shot try
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/69camaro6speedefi/efilive/checksum%20fail.png

Taz
June 12th, 2016, 09:17 AM
The new B9999 Checksum fix (found in the red OS patch folder) does not appear to have been added to the E67 or E38 calibrations yet (at least not any that I checked). So, it is not available to help with your 2013 ZL1.

Looks like Diablo (and others) manipulate a piece of 16 bit data, to end up with the original (now fraudulent) calculated CVN.

69camaro5speed
June 12th, 2016, 10:37 AM
The new B9999 Checksum fix (found in the red OS patch folder) does not appear to have been added to the E67 or E38 calibrations yet (at least not any that I checked). So, it is not available to help with your 2013 ZL1.

Looks like Diablo (and others) manipulate a piece of 16 bit data, to end up with the original (now fraudulent) calculated CVN.

reflashing a computer is fraudulent .
I have never had this happen out of 400 cars I have done It always happens to be under one of the worse conditions.
I had seen some post from 14 where there was talk about fixing the problem .cost me a lot of time and money this weekend
shit happens in the computer tuning world just hard to explain to a customers
Hopefully there is a fix soon sure do not want to worry about tuning cars because it might have been tune with a cvn reset tuner

Taz
June 12th, 2016, 11:18 AM
reflashing a computer is fraudulent

Only if the vehicle is under warranty, or if the programming voids emissions regulations - other than those two caveats, tuning your vehicle is OK.

I have never had this happen out of 400 cars I have done It always happens to be under one of the worse conditions.
I had seen some post from 14 where there was talk about fixing the problem .cost me a lot of time and money this weekend

When other people cheat (which is what fudging the CVN amounts to), it costs us all.

Hopefully there is a fix soon sure do not want to worry about tuning cars because it might have been tune with a cvn reset tuner

The problem with generating a "fix", is similar to that faced by antivirus software companies - the fix has to be customized to the individual issue. Hence, never ending antivirus software updates. The same goes for the good folks at EFILive. The new B9999 Checksum fix parameter targets a known issue. As other tuning companies continue to "cheat", this will require ongoing "fixes".

My two cents .... I always start with the most current calibration via a reflash with a Tech 2 / MDI / etc. I then tune from this clean sheet.

69camaro5speed
June 12th, 2016, 01:10 PM
My two cents .... I always start with the most current calibration via a reflash with a Tech 2 / MDI / etc. I then tune from this clean sheet

who wouldn't if they could it's not always that easy in the real world

Taz
June 12th, 2016, 02:27 PM
who wouldn't if they could it's not always that easy in the real world

For an enthusiast, I agree - such things are cost prohibitive. For a savvy business owner, these additional tools can increase product quality, and even reduce costs in the long run (by saving time).

A yearly SPS programming subscription translates into about $85 per month. A DrewTech Mongoose cable is about $500 (a one time cost) - for use with the SPS subscription. You can find even lower cost cable options if you look - if you are OK with the functionality tradeoffs.

I operate a small business. It is based on ultra high quality products, mainly for high end projects. Time is something that I never have enough of - if a tool can save me time, then I will give its purchase serious consideration.

I own a Tech 2, and an MDI, and a DrewTech Mongoose - and I use them all.

You mentioned having tuned 400 vehicles - if this is true, then you are at a level where you really should consider expanding your toolbox. If you have lost a day or two on this project alone (the 2013 ZL1) - that lost time would pay for an SPS subscription for an entire year.

Just something to think about ... I cannot imagine trying to do what I do, without these tools.

69camaro5speed
June 12th, 2016, 04:46 PM
For an enthusiast, I agree - such things are cost prohibitive. For a savvy business owner, these additional tools can increase product quality, and even reduce costs in the long run (by saving time).

A yearly SPS programming subscription translates into about $85 per month. A DrewTech Mongoose cable is about $500 (a one time cost) - for use with the SPS subscription. You can find even lower cost cable options if you look - if you are OK with the functionality tradeoffs.

I operate a small business. It is based on ultra high quality products, mainly for high end projects. Time is something that I never have enough of - if a tool can save me time, then I will give its purchase serious consideration.

I own a Tech 2, and an MDI, and a DrewTech Mongoose - and I use them all.

You mentioned having tuned 400 vehicles - if this is true, then you are at a level where you really should consider expanding your toolbox. If you have lost a day or two on this project alone (the 2013 ZL1) - that lost time would pay for an SPS subscription for an entire year.

Just something to think about ... I cannot imagine trying to do what I do, without these tools.

I have never lost a ecm with efilive but have a ls1 ecm from a local auto repair shop who was using a TECH 2 or MDI and toasted it. Thinking maybe I could save it he dropped it off to me.I could not even bench flash it.

I see your point though I try to find or down load stock tunes off holtcrazy or some where to compare so I know its not a basket tune before (I start been down that road )

I was trying to do what the customer requested base pulls with his tuner then tune him up from there
After doing a read his wot very rich so I was like lets put it back to stock he was like just change over it ( he did not want to spend the time doing it)so I was thinking ok
we can tune it up ,get it off the dyno ,then I can put the org read into the ecm , he can change it to org tune ,then I can flash the dyno tune into it

There was a couple cars I have done with tuners on with out the checksum $06ff err
I am hoping they can fix the file, looks like it has happen before

69camaro5speed
June 12th, 2016, 05:34 PM
HE did also change gears to 3.73 maybe some thing cause the problem on how he corrected it with diablosport
I read a post where speedo setting can cause problems, I need a stock zl1 a 6 tune to look at