PDA

View Full Version : June 2016 Release Candidate 2

Blacky
June 12th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in Release Candidate 2, you should download and install both V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_300.htm)

Version Numbers:

After installation, you should have the following software, boot block and firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 308 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 301 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
Firmware: V2.07.101 (June 06, 2015) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.
Issue 2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
Issue 3:
The V8 software shows the checksum as incorrect for some CME tune files even when the checksum is correct.
Workaround:
Fixed in V8 RC2 Update 1.
Issue 4:
When an LMM tune file with operating system 12620015 is loaded into V7.5 no calibrations are available.
Workaround:
Download the attached 12620015.calz file and save it into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35, overwrite the existing file, you may need admin privileges to overwrite the existing file.

cindy@efilive
June 13th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Software in first post has now been updated.

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
June 14th, 2016, 03:27 AM
Software in first post has now been updated.

Cheers
CindyThanks for the heads up.

mrmanners
June 21st, 2016, 01:17 AM
I received this error when I was trying to open BBX on an Autocal for a customer using RC2. Have not come across this one before. Have uninstalled, downloaded new copy and reinstalled RC2.

Blacky
June 21st, 2016, 07:33 AM
I received this error when I was trying to open BBX on an Autocal for a customer using RC2. Have not come across this one before. Have uninstalled, downloaded new copy and reinstalled RC2.

That error occurs when you have a non *.bbx file that has been saved (or renamed) with a *.bbx extension. True *.bbx files contain multiple config files. If any file is named with a *.bbx extension that does not have all the required config files inside it, then you will see that error.

Regards
Paul

mrmanners
June 21st, 2016, 07:46 AM
That error occurs when you have a non *.bbx file that has been saved (or renamed) with a *.bbx extension. True *.bbx files contain multiple config files. If any file is named with a *.bbx extension that does not have all the required config files inside it, then you will see that error.

Regards
Paul

It throws that error before I am able to select a bbx file.

Blacky
June 21st, 2016, 07:53 AM
It throws that error before I am able to select a bbx file.

If the most recently used BBX config file has mistakenly/accidentally got a *.bbx extension then, when EFILive automatically tries to load that config file when you open the BBX window, it sees the *.bbx extension and attempts to load it as a bbx multi stream file instead.

Close all EFILive software and open the file:\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini using Notepad.
Look for the section [MRU Files] and the key "Options". That is the file that is automatically loaded when you open the BBX window. If that file name ends with *.bbx then that is why you see the error.
Remove that line from the *.ini file using Notepad then re-save the ini file.
Restart the EFILive software.

Regards
Paul

mrmanners
June 21st, 2016, 09:50 AM
If the most recently used BBX config file has mistakenly/accidentally got a *.bbx extension then, when EFILive automatically tries to load that config file when you open the BBX window, it sees the *.bbx extension and attempts to load it as a bbx multi stream file instead.

Close all EFILive software and open the file:\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini using Notepad.
Look for the section [MRU Files] and the key "Options". That is the file that is automatically loaded when you open the BBX window. If that file name ends with *.bbx then that is why you see the error.
Remove that line from the *.ini file using Notepad then re-save the ini file.
Restart the EFILive software.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, I will take a look.

EspenT
June 22nd, 2016, 08:07 PM
Hello Paul

I have some problems running the EFI Live tune tool. I run windows in VMware, but I have never experienced problems running programs.

EspenT
June 22nd, 2016, 08:24 PM
Hello Paul

I have some problems running the EFI Live tune tool. I run windows in VMware, but I have never experienced problems running programs.

a "touch calc_pids.txt" from bash crated a empty file and that seems to do the trick :) Is that file missing in the installer? Does it contain important data?

Blacky
June 23rd, 2016, 07:42 AM
a "touch calc_pids.txt" from bash crated a empty file and that seems to do the trick :) Is that file missing in the installer? Does it contain important data?

That file contains user defined calculated PIDs. It won't cause any problems if it is empty. However, the reason that it is missing might cause other problems.

EFILive stores the names of the folders in which all the configuration files are stored in the registry here:
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Properti es\Dir
You may need to manually change those folder names to match where the files were actually installed (My Documents\EFILive\V7,5\...).

Regards
Paul

EspenT
June 23rd, 2016, 06:13 PM
That file contains user defined calculated PIDs. It won't cause any problems if it is empty. However, the reason that it is missing might cause other problems.

EFILive stores the names of the folders in which all the configuration files are stored in the registry here:
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Properti es\Dir
You may need to manually change those folder names to match where the files were actually installed (My Documents\EFILive\V7,5\...).

Regards
Paul

Hi and thank you for your answer. The paths in \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Properti es\Dir appears to be correct. Also all other files where created correctly by the installer

vortecfcar
June 28th, 2016, 02:59 AM
Error report during .cax usage on a custom axis definition. Even though I've adjusted my settings I continue to get an error. The .cax simply makes editable one of the axis in an existing efilive defined table.

Nick

Taz
June 28th, 2016, 04:16 AM
Only one cax exclusion - that's not too bad. I get a dozen plus cax exclusions happen on both E67 and T43 operating systems.

Highlander
June 29th, 2016, 02:06 AM
custom axis definition? how did you manage to change those?

joecar
June 29th, 2016, 03:31 AM
Error report during .cax usage on a custom axis definition. Even though I've adjusted my settings I continue to get an error. The .cax simply makes editable one of the axis in an existing efilive defined table.

Is it because the cax overlaps an existing table (rather than the OS or other cax definitions)...?

vortecfcar
June 29th, 2016, 03:53 AM
I assume, yes joecar.

The cax defines a column or row used in an existing efilive table.

Blacky
June 30th, 2016, 07:49 AM

Nick

Can you send me the definition for that calibration? I'll check which EFILive cal it is overlapping and why.
Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

vortecfcar
July 1st, 2016, 12:36 AM
Email sent

Tre-Cool
July 1st, 2016, 12:52 PM
Can i add a feature request to enhance the program either in 7.5 or for v8?

Currently in the scanner properties you can set a default pid or dashboard layout.
What i think would be a handy thing to add would be to have a Default Pid file selection based on controller & if the auto transmission selection box is selected on the ecu connection screen it will load an alternative (auto) pid. Limit it to 4 or 5 controllers (if it means less coding)
To save you from adding in every controller currently supported in efilive in the above screen, create a new tab window where you tick or select what controllers you want to be enabled for the above screen.

Does this sound like a good idea?

joecar
July 1st, 2016, 08:14 PM
Can i add a feature request to enhance the program either in 7.5 or for v8?

Currently in the scanner properties you can set a default pid or dashboard layout.
What i think would be a handy thing to add would be to have a Default Pid file selection based on controller & if the auto transmission selection box is selected on the ecu connection screen it will load an alternative (auto) pid. Limit it to 4 or 5 controllers (if it means less coding)
To save you from adding in every controller currently supported in efilive in the above screen, create a new tab window where you tick or select what controllers you want to be enabled for the above screen.

Does this sound like a good idea?+1 I like that suggestion.

And have same concept for loading dashboards.

Blacky
July 4th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Currently in V8 there is no option like you suggested, to load an a dashboard based on the controller and an alternate dashboard based on the the "Auto" checkbox. But it is a good idea, I will add that to the "to do " list :)

Meanwhile in V8, the dashboards, PID selections etc have been completely redesigned. Using the V8 scan tool, simply load your log file, then select the appropriate dashboard from the drop down list of the 10 most recently used dashboards. The "dashboard" file contains all the PID selections, chart layouts, gauge layouts, maps, in fact everything that can be configured for a dashboard is loaded instantly when you select a new/different dashboard.

Regards
Paul

joecar
July 4th, 2016, 01:07 PM

Meanwhile in V8, the dashboards, PID selections etc have been completely redesigned. Using the V8 scan tool, simply load your log file, then select the appropriate dashboard from the drop down list of the 10 most recently used dashboards. The "dashboard" file contains all the PID selections, chart layouts, gauge layouts, maps, in fact everything that can be configured for a dashboard is loaded instantly when you select a new/different dashboard.

...I like that too, 10 MRU dashboard's :cheers:

GMC-2002-Dmax
July 7th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Paul,

Can you elaborate on this change.

Build 301 Enhancements:

When opening *.bin and *.ctz files the contents are now validated to that the data in the file matches the data expected for the controller type. If data is missing then the file will fail to load into the software.

Blacky
July 7th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Paul,

Can you elaborate on this change.

Build 301 Enhancements:

When opening *.bin and *.ctz files the contents are now validated to that the data in the file matches the data expected for the controller type. If data is missing then the file will fail to load into the software.

Firstly the message should have said: ... now validated so that the data ...

If a *.bin file contains less data than is expected/required for a particular controller type then the file is not loaded and an error is displayed. If you attempt to load a *.bin file that is too short then you will now get an error message and the file won't load. Previously if a *.bin file was short the binary image was padded with $FF's to the required length and everything continued as normal. The reason it was done that way was because the checksums would detect the invalid $FF data and the checksums would show that the data was invalid. Unfortunately that meant a user could choose to correct the checksums (against all the warnings) and flash the file causing bad things to happen.

It is unlikely that a *.ctz file would be short because the *.ctz file layout and size is strictly managed by the EFILive software. It would only be short if there was a bug in the EFILive software that cause a *.ctz file to be saved with not enough data. But at least if that ever did happen the fault would be detected and the user notified.

Regards
Paul

izaks
July 12th, 2016, 12:02 AM
The "flex fuel" upgrade no longer works with RC2. Using the switch to activate timing retard for nos, is always active, irrespective if switch is on or off.
Timing is always retarded

GMPX
July 12th, 2016, 08:07 AM
The "flex fuel" upgrade no longer works with RC2. Using the switch to activate timing retard for nos, is always active, irrespective if switch is on or off.
Timing is always retarded
What controller are you referring to? LS1B? If yes then I don't know what is wrong because that has not been touched for years.

izaks
July 12th, 2016, 08:33 AM
E38
OS 22624402
CAL 12624488

Set B5145 to all zeros and timing came back

GMPX
July 12th, 2016, 08:44 AM
And what is the date shown for the .calz when you load it up? Mine is showing 18th December 2015 for 12624402 and one year older for the COS, meaning if something isn't working then it has been like it since then which doesn't seem right.

izaks
July 12th, 2016, 08:17 PM
22624402.calz
ver 7.59
date 29th May, 2014

I will do some testing tomorrow with different versions and let you know.
I tuned the car before RC2 and the switch worked, pulling timing when activated

izaks
July 12th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Both build 308 and 309 have date of 29th May 2014

GMPX
July 14th, 2016, 11:02 AM
I don't know what to say Izaks, the E8 files have not been altered at all in RC2 from what has been there for a long time. The actual patch data hasn't changed since 2009.
Are you able to log the Ethanol sensor status (percentage) when changing the switch to see that it is changing? The timing maps are not part of the upgrade patch, they are just looking at the reported E85 %.

izaks
July 27th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Started from scratch with the standard OS, did the upgrade and the timing is always being subtracted whether the switch is on or off (E85 shows as 85% with switch activated, and 0% when off)
This was with build 309.
Can't find the original logs where it worked, as it was at least 6 months ago.
I will try in out on another car and see if I can get closer to the cause.

COSMOS
August 2nd, 2016, 07:50 AM
I post rarely but read quite often to keep on top of what's going on with updates. My V2 Bootblock/Firmware/Software is listed below and would like to know if there are any other steps involved with updating my V2. Should I update incrementally or can I update to the current software and be OK, any input is appreciated.

Current Boootblock/Firmware/Software

Model-FSV2

Bootblock-2.07.07 February 07, 2014

Firmware-2.07.64 July 19, 2014

Thanks,

Mike

Blacky
August 2nd, 2016, 07:55 AM
I post rarely but read quite often to keep on top of what's going on with updates. My V2 Bootblock/Firmware/Software is listed below and would like to know if there are any other steps involved with updating my V2. Should I update incrementally or can I update to the current software and be OK, any input is appreciated.

Current Boootblock/Firmware/Software

Model-FSV2

Bootblock-2.07.07 February 07, 2014

Firmware-2.07.64 July 19, 2014

Thanks,

Mike

You can update to the latest stable release, available here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
You don't need to install any intermediate releases, just the most recent one.
You don't need to uninstall first, you can just install over the existing installation.

Regards
Paul

COSMOS
August 2nd, 2016, 08:01 AM
Thanks, I'll give it whirl tomorrow morning.

~Mike~

izaks
August 16th, 2016, 11:48 PM
Started from scratch with the standard OS, did the upgrade and the timing is always being subtracted whether the switch is on or off (E85 shows as 85% with switch activated, and 0% when off)
This was with build 309.
Can't find the original logs where it worked, as it was at least 6 months ago.
I will try in out on another car and see if I can get closer to the cause.

A seriously dumb moment.
I had a value of 1 across the board for B5145, instead of only the cell for 80% Ethanol !!!
Everything working fine.
Apologies