PDA

View Full Version : Surge and stall with dual pumps

bcbracing
June 16th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Workin on a 09 6.7 that we did 100% over exergys along with a PPE dual fueler setup. Sometimes when you put the truck into gear it will start surging and eventually stall. The truck does have some rail surge on higher throttle pulls as well. I messed around with the base duty cycle table a bit to see if it would help but it still seems to do it. I have attached the tune file and idle surge datalog. Any help would be greatly appreciated

ATPCummins
June 20th, 2016, 06:01 AM
It looks to me like this could be a cab and chassis OS with a pickup script run over it - a mixture of some pickup and C&C tables/values on a C&C OS. This can work at times, but often times results in some weird quirks like you describe. Cab and chassis trucks can be a little quirky anyway (especially with some limiter changes). In my experience, cab and chassis trucks need to be approached a little differently when tuning, but everyone has their own tuning style. Your idle settings are pretty drastically different from stock which could be a contributing factor. I would recommend comparing this tune to the stock tune and go back to stock on anything idle related that you have changed like main duration, pilot mm3 and duration, pressure, timing, etc, then retest.

I honestly didn't look at the log in much detail, but adding the RPM PID would be helpful.

Dom_c13b
June 20th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Rail pressure is way to high at idle.

bcbracing
June 21st, 2016, 12:25 AM
You were right. I changed up the operating system and it cleared up the issue. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk