PDA

View Full Version : Tune needed for 2015 1LE camaro with bolt ons

Mrbowtie26
June 19th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Car is manual and has CAI cold air intake, long tube headers through full 3" exhaust with hf cats. I need to delete rear o2s and skip shift. Anyone have a tune to get me started ? If not Ill have to wing it and learn as I go lol.
Thanks

opcode
June 21st, 2016, 01:53 AM
Car is manual and has CAI cold air intake, long tube headers through full 3" exhaust with hf cats. I need to delete rear o2s and skip shift. Anyone have a tune to get me started ? If not Ill have to wing it and learn as I go lol.
Thanks

Here is the script I made for my 2010 SS to deal w/ the rear o2s. I'm not sure if it will work for your ECM, maybe someone in the know can chime in.
Cal: 12635862
https://github.com/OpCode1300/E38_Tuning/blob/master/EFILive/Scripts/Disable_CATs.txt

Can not help w/ the skip shift.

Mrbowtie26
June 21st, 2016, 03:12 AM
Here is the script I made for my 2010 SS to deal w/ the rear o2s. I'm not sure if it will work for your ECM, maybe someone in the know can chime in.
Cal: 12635862
https://github.com/OpCode1300/E38_Tuning/blob/master/EFILive/Scripts/Disable_CATs.txt

Can not help w/ the skip shift.

Thanks I appreciate it I'll look into if it will be compatable. Were there any other changes like for cai or anything ?

joecar
June 21st, 2016, 06:17 AM
Post some logs showing LTFT's, may be we can correct the MAF and VE/VVE.

Post a pic of your CAI.

Mrbowtie26
June 22nd, 2016, 12:47 AM
Post some logs showing LTFT's, may be we can correct the MAF and VE/VVE.

Post a pic of your CAI.

I'm waiting for my new ecm to come in so I can program it (leaving the stock one u touched encase I need warranty work). Ill be posting more info on my setup once I get the ecm in. Thanks for the help appreciate it !

Taz
June 22nd, 2016, 01:02 AM
I'm waiting for my new ecm to come in so I can program it (leaving the stock one u touched encase I need warranty work).

That won't work - if they check, they will know that the original ECM has not been used solely. The cost of tuning a vehicle that is under warranty is no longer being able to make a claim under warranty - if you are an honest person. It is this type of foolishness (also known as fraud) that caused the SPS / TIS programming restrictions to be implemented last year - making tuning more difficult for everyone.

joecar
June 22nd, 2016, 05:49 AM
+1 I agree, the entry fee is giving up the warranty.

What happens is when you go back for warranty work, the ECM will show that it has been away from the vehicle (it has logged fewer miles, and other checkpoints)... this alone will disqualify your vehicle from warranty.

Mrbowtie26
June 22nd, 2016, 06:59 AM
That won't work - if they check, they will know that the original ECM has not been used solely. The cost of tuning a vehicle that is under warranty is no longer being able to make a claim under warranty - if you are an honest person. It is this type of foolishness (also known as fraud) that caused the SPS / TIS programming restrictions to be implemented last year - making tuning more difficult for everyone.

Appreciate the input maybe I'll just use the original ecm then. I was told on the forums that the ecm does not match up info with the bcm etc and there is no way to match it like that i more so wanted to do it for dealers voiding entire warranties for something unrelated which they've done before (though I know they're not supposed to). Obviously if i did a bad tune and the car runs lean and pops a piston i wouldn't expect a dealer to warranty it.