PDA

View Full Version : Odd, very odd but entertaining nonetheless

Doc
June 21st, 2016, 09:22 AM
2012 Sonic with 1.4 turbo (E78) shows up to the shop today for a tune... Pop the bonnet. Strap it. Attempt to down load the engine OS. EFI Live IDs the E78 but several attempts to download using different add on buttons all result in the first picture. Then the customer babbles something unintelligible and I am at a loss. I notice the dealership invoice on the floor. Read it. Laughed my ass off. Have had just about every dealer in the area send something odd this way but to be directing the customers on their invoices now. Too Rich!

Seriously, any ideas on whats up with this thing?

Diablo suggests it already has a tune on it.

GMPX
June 21st, 2016, 09:34 AM
Probably a Trifecta tune based on that lock, I think you are stuck unfortunately unless the guy has the Trifecta box to 'return it to stock'.

Doc
June 21st, 2016, 10:24 AM
Finally got a translator in the shop to understand what the guy was really saying. He bought the car a couple of years ago with the mods as is and it was only just recently that it started "doin all dis shit," I couldn't help but notice all of the armorall all over the engine bay. I asked him if he went any where near the MAF.....Problem found, customer re-calibrated.

GMPX
June 21st, 2016, 12:49 PM
Problem found, customer re-calibrated.
:rotflmao:

MobileProg
June 21st, 2016, 01:23 PM
I have a spare trifecta box and can log the bus to take a peek at the key used. Have an E78 kicking around in the mess pile but have no E78 tune file from Trifecta or whoever makes them. Incase someone else is stuck one day.

joecar
June 22nd, 2016, 04:44 AM
lol :hihi: