PDA

View Full Version : cant connect to flashscan

derkscustomcars
June 22nd, 2016, 03:33 PM
hello

i have trouble connecting to my flashscan. i can read a tune with the flashscan by it self, but it wont hook up to my laptop. neither with v8 or efilve explorer

derkscustomcars
June 22nd, 2016, 03:41 PM
however it powers up through the usb port

Blacky
June 23rd, 2016, 09:10 AM
Run the program: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\usbview.exe.
You should see an entry for FlashScan, like this:
Make sure that the Vendor ID and Product ID match what is shown in the image above. If the ID's are correct, then go on to the next steps below. If they are not correct, try re-installing the USB drivers using the EFILive USB Manager program: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive USB Manager.

Next, start the EFILive Control Panel (if it is not already running).
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Control Panel
Click on the small FlashScan icon in the System Tray, near the clock display at the end of the Windows Task Bar.

Click on the [Status] button.
Select the [F8: Trace] tab page.
Click on the [Save Trace] button.
Attach the trace file to this thread and I'll take a look to see if I can see what's wrong.

Regards
Paul

derkscustomcars
June 23rd, 2016, 10:28 AM

change extension to htx

Blacky
June 23rd, 2016, 03:01 PM
The FlashScan is just sending back a constant stream of 0xFF characters which indicates that the USB interface between FlashScan and the PC is not working correctly (it could even be the USB cable is faulty).
First, try a different USB cable, then try a different USB socket on your laptop/PC, then try on a completely different PC.
If all three options still fail then it is likely that the FlashScan unit's USB interface is faulty and the device will need to be sent back to EFILive for repair.

If you're based in the US, contact SoCal Diesel for repair options:
http://www.efilive.com/distributors

Regards
Paul