PDA

View Full Version : Eco diesel dodge

djv86
June 25th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Is this something you guys might be creating as an option ? Or just sticking with the Cummins dodge diesels only

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 27th, 2016, 12:57 AM
It cannot be tuned with EFI live, its going to require the Ecm to be taken apart and programmed with expensive 3rd party tools.

THEFERMANATOR
June 27th, 2016, 05:01 PM
It cannot be tuned with EFI live, its going to require the Ecm to be taken apart and programmed with expensive 3rd party tools.
They didn't leave a way for it to be field flashed? Thought that was a requirement for OBD2.

djv86
June 27th, 2016, 05:34 PM
Hopefully they can be my dad just got one and curious how they tune it

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 28th, 2016, 12:45 AM
They didn't leave a way for it to be field flashed? Thought that was a requirement for OBD2.

If it could be OBD2 flashed I assume that EFI-Live would have rolled that out as well ?

I know Kory is using 3rd party tools to bench flash that ecm in house, for him it would be beneficial to go with an Autocal and not risk pulling it apart.

But you would have to get that info from him or EFI-Live as to what the deal is, but I am guessing that there must be a reason why he is not using an Autocal to flash it.

mpdtune
June 28th, 2016, 02:41 AM
I believe it has to do with the security in the ECM. Unlike the 13-up Cummins, there is no way to switch it off via OBD port to accept a non-Dodge file.

Todd1113
January 19th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Any more info found on this lately or am I stuck sending my ecm to somebody for programming? Might just buy a plug in module and save myself the hassle in case it blows up I can unplug it.

GMPX
January 23rd, 2017, 02:54 PM
It can't be done via OBD-II by anyone, the calibrations are digitally signed. The only way is to open up the ECM and put a tune in via the CPU debug ports.

Todd1113
January 23rd, 2017, 11:04 PM
Wonder how the dealerships are reflashing them on site? Guys are carrying them in for oil change recommended by Dodge and they are getting reflashed with a detuned program while they are there apparently for the epa violation.

GMC-2002-Dmax
January 24th, 2017, 01:25 AM
Because as Ross stated, the factory files contain the correct digital signature and and it's a dealer tool using a properly signed rsa file.