PDA

View Full Version : New to EFI Live, Is there an online video tutorial anywhere?

nve1
June 28th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Hi Guys, I have basic tuning skills but have just purchased EFI Live and wish to tune my LS and some other LS based vehicles also, Is there an online basics video tutorial? Like someone else said there seems to be a fair few on HP Tuner just not EFI Live,
Cheers

Chevy366
June 29th, 2016, 03:47 AM
Not at present, there was a guy who use to hock his tuning suite tutorial but he wanted an ungodly price for it.
Norm ( A US show where a fat guy would walk into a bar, "Cheers" and all would turn and say his name "Norm")

Manuel
July 10th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Hey nve1.
What type of pcm do you have?

nve1
July 17th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Hi Mate,
Thanks for the reply, I'm currently trying an E38, having issues with the connection at this stage. Been reading up tonight so got some new things to try in the morning. When I try to read the file or try to get my dashboard working it gives me an error saying PID config file error or something similar. Ive tried to add PID's etc, but I don't know. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what!
Cheers

joecar
July 18th, 2016, 06:09 AM
How are you trying to read pids from the ECM (V7, V8, or V2 BBL)...?

Post screenshots.

Manuel
July 19th, 2016, 10:38 PM
First of all you need program the V2 controller, as a new controller comes blank, it also need a memory card inserted which also needs to be formatted so you can you can log with out having the computer connected.

There is a thread somewhere about how to get started.

To read the file from the car, car must be turned on to accessories, using the laptop connected to the V2 controller and your car.

Hope this helps.

Manuel
July 20th, 2016, 09:57 PM
How did you go?