PDA

View Full Version : AEM 30-0333 wideband canbus

Trackman
June 30th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Are there any threads discussing the new AEM wideband that connects directly into the OBD2? AEM says it's been varified to work with EFILive but my search came up empty handed.
I'd like to daisy chain 2 of them and log with the V2.

joecar
June 30th, 2016, 06:49 AM
EFILive does not support reading the wideband indirectly from the CAN bus.

EFILive supports reading the wideband directly using serial comms.

FSV2 will support 2 daisy-chained AEM's if they have serial in and serial out... but they do not have serial in.

edit: AEM 30-0333 only has serial out.

Trackman
June 30th, 2016, 06:58 AM
It's very disappointing EFILive doesn't have this capability.
Also very misleading that AEM suggests it does work on their website.

Blacky
June 30th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Can you send me any links to any information about that wide band controller's OBDII capabilities?
I'll investigate what it would take to support it.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 30th, 2016, 08:00 AM
I did some digging and it appears the wide band controller still has the serial output. I presume you can still connect it to FlashScan using the serial option.
Regards
Paul

Trackman
June 30th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Here are a few pages from the instructions found on the AEM website.
X-Series OBDII Wideband UEGO AFR Sensor Controller Gauge | AEM http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=products/gauges/digital-gauges/x-series-wideband-uego-OBDII

The OBD2 integration would be really nice.
Hate for HPtuners to only have this capability. lol

Blacky
June 30th, 2016, 12:46 PM
For use with V7, the serial interface is the preferred way to log the wide band data. That's because the V7 scan tool can only log data from a single OBDII controller at a time.
The V8 scan tool can log data from 2 OBDII controllers at the same time, so it may be something we can implement in the V8 scan tool. Until that option is implemented, using the serial interface is the appropriate way to log wide band for use with EFILive data from the AEM controller.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
June 30th, 2016, 03:32 PM
For use with V7, the serial interface is the preferred way to log the wide band data. That's because the V7 scan tool can only log data from a single OBDII controller at a time.
The V8 scan tool can log data from 2 OBDII controllers at the same time, so it may be something we can implement in the V8 scan tool. Until that option is implemented, using the serial interface is the appropriate way to log wide band for use with EFILive data from the AEM controller.

Regards
Paul

Makes complete sense Paul, I know that's one limitation you're removing with the V8 scan tool. I'd advocate for it as well, it removes the ground offset completely and supports the same sampling rates as OBDII/CAN. Still, love the serial input option on my LC1 and V2!

MobileProg
June 30th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Nail on head "removes the ground offset completely and supports the same sampling rates as OBDII/CAN"
Would be very much worth it.

Tre-Cool
July 1st, 2016, 01:50 AM
i purchased 3 of the new units recently myself and have just been using the serial output. sadly it only has 1 serial out, so u can't daisy chain them.

supposedly you can do it through the can wires, but im not sure it'll output both via 1 serial.

joecar
July 1st, 2016, 04:39 AM
i purchased 3 of the new units recently myself and have just been using the serial output. sadly it only has 1 serial out, so u can't daisy chain them.

supposedly you can do it through the can wires, but im not sure it'll output both via 1 serial.Ok, thanks, I updated post #2 above.

Lennart
September 24th, 2016, 07:36 PM
I would love to see support for the Autocal. Currently it is a big mess trying to tune a friends car who is using the Autocal for programming and logging without having a wideband.
I need to spend a day away from home just to hook up my wideband, set up the V2 drive around and in the end the data logged are not sufficient, or not properly recorded.....just frustrating.

GMPX
September 24th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I didn't work on it but I think there is support coming for that AEM unit that sits on the CAN bus. I saw Paul had added some config info to do with the AEM and CAN in the latest beta we are working on. :good:

pir4te
September 24th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Thanks, sub'd