PDA

View Full Version : E98 Having trouble getting boost up

Padendiesel
July 1st, 2016, 09:26 AM
I am having trouble getting the boost levels to come up. I have adjusted B0502-B0504 and then I tried adjusting all the other Alternate mode boost tables. This thing hits 250 kpa at 2600rpm and holds it decently till 3000rpm. Then it gradually tapers down to 205 Kpa at 3500rpm. The only tables that I am not sure about is the B0601-B0602. Do these tables need to be adjusted or maxed out?

Padendiesel
July 6th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Anyone???

Tre-Cool
October 13th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Your not alone in the issue. I'm still playing with mine.

hacklerjason
December 2nd, 2016, 08:25 PM
The tables you need to change aren't available in efilive yet... The way it appears to work is that the open loop vane control determines the boost commanded, then the desired boost tables are the trims.. if the commanded vane position ends up creating more boost than commanded in the desired boost tables, the excess is trimmed... Hopefully someone else can confirm as I am only speculating based on what I see in data logs and how the logs indicate response to the changes I made... I raised the desired boost tables without success.. When raising the desired vane position, whether egr on or egr off no matter just make sure you change the right table... Again some of the tables we need access to aren't available yet and if you wait I'm certain support will be added... My theory is such that if you were to max the desired vane position you would get the max allowed boost based on your desired boost tables. But... I believe what would happen in that case is you would have boost hunting where your ecm would see higher than commanded boost and trim, then your desired vane position would command boost high again in a loop... My experience was gained at an attempt to make a whistling idle tune and a rumbling idle tune... Both were successful and sound beast... Attached are the links to videos for your review...

https://youtu.be/I3eznE_PHiU
Whistle Idle

https://youtu.be/xZ7-sSY5i2Q
Rumble Idle

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk