PDA

View Full Version : Please Clarify HOT and NORMAL

dbaxter_ss
March 5th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Is HOT refering to the engine being TO HOT? 140c in the mixture parameters. HOT PE mode coolent temp threshold = 140c. 284 F. ( which is pretty hot )

As in the setting for the Hot PE Mode Enable table to work.

Just wanting clarification since in the ls1edit days everyone copied the wot hot table, and wot cold table because they could not get hot to work because of the wot hot temp.

Do we even want hot to work? Should all tuning be done with the normal temps?

OR

Should the HOT temp be lowered to 140f or 60c? basically once the engine warms up the hot temp tables get used.

GMPX
March 5th, 2005, 11:15 PM
With it being set to 140degC that means it will never use them.
By then engine protection will have kicked in and you will probably be running on 4 cylinders anyway :)

B3614 will force HOT PE mode always.
B3619 will force HOT PE mode when all the other parameters below it are also reached.

Cheers,
Ross

dbaxter_ss
March 6th, 2005, 03:35 AM
So does that mean its set OFF by default to use the HOT TABLES?

Or

Should that be corrected to be showing 140f not 140c? or 60c if you dont like f :D

I researched this a lot with ls1edit and found that once I set this to 65c, I was finally able to use the WOT Hot table and WOT Cold Table.

joecar
March 7th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Does this mean you now have finer granularity on PE (for cold and hot temps)...?
And you still have overtemp protection...?

dbaxter_ss
March 8th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Thats what I want to know?

Is HOT = my engine is melting down? but if that was true why by default is the tps kicked in at lower angles?

I have "ASSUMED" that the WOT cold table was so that when the engine was cold the tps was higher since it was cold and would not kick in PE as soon.

I still contend this is a ENTRY ERROR. as in it was supposed to be 140 Fahrenheit, the person was told this was in fahrenheit, but the PROGRAMMER did it in celcius.

Change this to 60 degrees, and set your wot hot to say 20 degrees for all rpms, and wot cold to 60 degrees.

Log and you will see that you will go into PE at 20 degrees when hot, and when below that it will go pe only above 60.

This is a DATA ENTRY SNAFU. not efi, ls1edit or anyone, its GM's oops.