PDA

View Full Version : Service Regen

hacklerjason
July 12th, 2016, 09:07 PM
2016 E98 Colorado USA
It seems that I'll be stuck with a full after treatment system... Where can I find service regen or parked regen triggers in the software?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hacklerjason
July 13th, 2016, 06:49 PM
@GMPX can you shed some light on this for me sir?

hacklerjason
July 19th, 2016, 01:14 PM
No insight?

Dmaxink
July 20th, 2016, 07:51 AM
No insight?

EFILIVE will not be putting in the emissions triggers anytime soon for the e98... So you will need to purchase a delete tune more than likely... Which will be locked.

hacklerjason
July 20th, 2016, 07:53 AM
EFILIVE will not be putting in the emissions triggers anytime soon for the e98... So you will need to purchase a delete tune more than likely... Which will be locked.
I think you misunderstood me... I am not able to do deletes... Therefore, I need a way to trigger a parked or service regen. Normally you would need dealer tools to do this, and I read somewhere that other models have the feature on efilive to trigger a parked or service filter regen... If I am stuck with my dpf, I would like to have the ability to trigger the filter cleaning with efilive. And I believe this feature is there, I just don't know where... I looked in the DVT page while connected to my ecm, but the e98 ecm does not show up in the list

Dmaxink
July 20th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I think you misunderstood me... I am not able to do deletes... Therefore, I need a way to trigger a parked or service regen. Normally you would need dealer tools to do this, and I read somewhere that other models have the feature on efilive to trigger a parked or service filter regen... If I am stuck with my dpf, I would like to have the ability to trigger the filter cleaning with efilive. And I believe this feature is there, I just don't know where... I looked in the DVT page while connected to my ecm, but the e98 ecm does not show up in the list

Oh sorry, i see. Yes sir.. I do not think EFI has that into the scantool yet. You would need a solus, etc.

hacklerjason
July 20th, 2016, 07:55 AM
I won't be purchasing any tunes for this vehicle... Especially because they are locked... I will not buy a lock I don't have the key for, na mean?

hacklerjason
July 20th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Oh sorry, i see. Yes sir.. I do not think EFI has that into the scantool yet. You would need a solus, etc.
Yea I know there are scan tools out for this... I have a launchtech minidiag and I will try that to see if it can do it. Although I read somewhere that the previous generations of big trucks can do this... I was just wondering if it was something that its pending in a new release or if its out already, or if it will even be coming out ever

IdahoRob
July 21st, 2016, 04:29 AM
I have not seen anything but GM equipment that can do a manual regen on GM diesels. There are other tuning products out that have the option but do not work in my experience. I don't expect that this will be a feature with EFI. I would like to have the option myself with EFI for competition events, etc. I use the GM Tech II

hacklerjason
July 21st, 2016, 06:21 AM
I have not seen anything but GM equipment that can do a manual regen on GM diesels. There are other tuning products out that have the option but do not work in my experience. I don't expect that this will be a feature with EFI. I would like to have the option myself with EFI for competition events, etc. I use the GM Tech II
I would like a tech 2 as well but they're big bucks! And I don't know how well the clones do with OEM level tasks... I tried my LaunchTech scanner last night, no dice... Even that didn't work