PDA

View Full Version : FS: EFILive FlashScan V2

DrkPhx
July 15th, 2016, 09:43 PM
I have a new FS2-GM EFI Live FlashScan V2, I had purchased to tune an LS truck conversion, I need up using my old one instead so I have no need for it. Other than opening the box to take pictures it's brand new. It has the original VINs still on it.

Asking for $650 shipped.

Thanks

Tre-Cool
July 16th, 2016, 01:29 AM
Might want to state location, but im going to assume your in the USA.

DrkPhx
July 16th, 2016, 01:55 AM
Louisiana 70560 USA

Mr. Smith
September 20th, 2016, 11:02 PM
So you spent about $1000 on something you already had and didn't need??? Interesting.
Is it still for sale or have you already sold it?
Does it come with everything I need to tune my LS1 - all ready to plug in and play?
Do you ship to Aus and am I still looking at $650US total?
What payment method? Paypal? Bank transfer?
How do I know you won't disappear after I sent you the money?
Can you send me (those) pics of it or post 'em here?

joecar
September 21st, 2016, 08:45 AM
I take it he purchased it for a customer and the deal fell thru.

You'll need a wideband (which you will have to install; depending on the wideband and how you opt, you may possibly also need a serial comm null modem adapter/cable).

Mr. Smith
September 21st, 2016, 09:44 PM
Thanks Joe.
Yeh I thought I needed a wideband. Great. Another $120+. So do I just buy 1, install it in place of one of my (2) regular 02 sensors and just go off that.. the one bank/side??? And which wideband should I buy to avoid having to buy/use that modem cable you mentioned?
F-ing headaches. Doesn't seem worth it.

The cheapest price I can find in Aus for a V2 is a ridiculous $1500 (AUD). What pisses me off is I can see/get a new V2 kit from ebay/USA for $1221 (including postage), but then have to pay $210 on top for "import charges". Seriously? Who are these crooks charging money for no reason just because they can?

Yeah.... no chance in hell am I paying $1500 for a cd, a little cable or 2 and a "Gameboy thing" I don't even wanna use (I just wanna run it straight off my laptop without the "Gameboy"..but I'm guessing we can't). A "0" off the price sounds reasonable.

joecar
September 21st, 2016, 10:29 PM
Yes, you install the WB for tuning, and then when finished you usually remove it.

The null modem cable is used for avoiding the usual problems that go with analog signals (digital is better than analog in general).

I don't know why they're so high, Customs has something to do with it.

The software is free and downloadable from the forum, you don't need the CD.

The "Gameboy" thing translates between the ECM (GM CAN LAN) and your PC (USB).

dgp
September 21st, 2016, 11:29 PM
Joe won't removing one of the narrow band 02's play havoc with the ECM whilst your trying to tune it? Sorry, Newby question.

Tre-Cool
September 21st, 2016, 11:32 PM
should be switching to open loop to correct fueling anyway. so 02's are not required.

dgp
September 22nd, 2016, 12:18 AM
Thanks Tre-cool

cindy@efilive
September 22nd, 2016, 08:23 AM
If you're worried about the total cost exceeding the level for import duties, you may be better off doing the calculation on purchasing the FlashScan V2 Scan only option for $499 US, and upgrading it to the Tuning Option via the online store after you receive it.

It's $50US more expensive to buy the scan only then upgrade, compared to buying the tuning tool, but your landed cost should be well under the threshold for import duties.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DrkPhx
September 22nd, 2016, 05:02 PM
As the title states I have a new FS2-GM EFI Live FlashScan V2 I had purchased to tune an LS truck conversion I did but ended up paying someone to dyno tune it instead so I have no need for it,
I ship to worldwide, I have lot of positive feedback here and other forum like Camara5 and other forum, you have nothing to worry about, i will ship once payment is confirmed.

I will prefer payment via money gram, western union or money order.

Mr. Smith
September 22nd, 2016, 08:52 PM
Thank you very much, everyone.

@Joe: Why do you/people remove the wideband sensor when done? Does it foul up easy?

@Tre: When you say "02's are not required".. do you mean they aren't required at all (when using EFI Live).. or just not required to get the fueling spot-on?

@DrkPhx: Cool. I'll buy it off you. I'll call my bank tomorrow (it's friday night here now), ask 'em what my best option is and then I'll PM you.

joecar
September 23rd, 2016, 02:35 AM
If you're done tuning, you remove the WB... of course, you don't have to be done, you can tune on an ongoing basis.

If engine is running well and not burning oil or coolant, the O2 sensors don't foul.

During tuning, you want to use the WB's data without influence from closed loop trimming (which uses the NB's)... i.e. you want to see what the engine is doing un-trimmed so you can correct the airmass/airflow tables.

Mr. Smith
September 23rd, 2016, 11:51 PM
Thanks again, Joe. Would be good if you posted/approved my post/reply so everyone else could read it too.. especially now that I'm buying the V2 off DrkPhx.

Mr. Smith
September 24th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Thanks for posting my post (#13).

So here's an update..
I spent all night last night emailing and trying to pay DrkPhx via Western Union (a site I'm not familiar with and one he prefers). I reached "step 3" ("Review") out of 4 steps of the payment process. Just when I thought I was finished, the site asked me to type in the 4 digit one-time-password it had just emailed me. I recieved an 8 digit password. After typing it in and pressing the submit button, I got a page saying:
ID Verification

For your security, your bank needs to confirm your identity. Just enter the 4 digit code your bank sent you...blah blah...

I tried twice (with another new password) and it didn't work.
(For the record, on that same page, it says:
Protect Yourself from Fraud
Don't send money to an individual:
- Who you haven't met in person.
- For a purchase you made online.)
Then I called my bank for help and they said Western Union is a bit dodgy and after telling them the whole story (of me paying DrkPhx and other behind the scenes info), they said the whole thing sounds dodgy.

Now I don't want to make DrkPhx look bad in any way (he sounds like a good dude).. but I'm paranoid about this whole thing, this dodgy Western Union site, losing my money, the fact that no one has bought the V2 off him all this time... and want to know if he can be trusted. Are there any long time members or mods here who can vouch for him?
My apologies, DrkPhx. But I'm sure you can understand why I'm paranoid and putting this out here..

[Lenovo G50 laptop sucks]

joecar
September 25th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Would he do PayPal...?

Mr. Smith
September 25th, 2016, 09:24 PM
I previously asked him and he didn't want to. I just emailed him and told him I'll only pay him via Paypal now + give him an extra $10US.
I asked my workmates today what they thought of Western Union and they all said the same thing. "It's dodgy", "I wouldn't", "no f-ing way", "Paypal or nothing"... Western Union themselves say on their website not to give money to strangers, pay for online purchases...

So yeah, what do you reckon, DrkPhx? Will you make a paypal account (and send me the V2) for 660USD? And no import charges, right?

And while I'm at it.... what's the difference between this V2 and V8?? Is the V8 a free software upgrade which I can do on the V2?

Tre-Cool
September 25th, 2016, 11:40 PM
V8 is just software & is free.

V2 is the physical hardware u require.

joecar
September 26th, 2016, 05:02 AM
And you still need the V7 software.

Mr. Smith
September 26th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys.
That's what I thought, Tre.
Is the V7 software free, Joecar? Is V7/V8 worth it for an EFI Live noob like me or should I just stick with V2 for now?

High chance I'm going to send $679 to DrkPhx very soon via Paypal..

joecar
September 27th, 2016, 03:03 AM
V7/V8 software is free (downloadable from EFILive forum and/or from EFILive website), and is necessary.

ScarabEpic22
September 27th, 2016, 05:23 AM
What Joe said:

FlashScan V2: physical hardware unit with USB and OBDII cables, acts as the conversion from the laptop to OBDII, must be purchased to tune your vehicle(s), stores your VIN license information
Scan, Tune programs: software, available free of charge from EFILive.com and/or EFILive forum (beta software), used to setup scanning dashboards and actually edit the controller data.

joecar
September 27th, 2016, 12:12 PM
For example, see here: July-2016-Public-Release (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26826-July-2016-Public-Release)

Mr. Smith
September 27th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Thanks again guys. I'll check out that link tonight, Joecar. Quick question; what does the V2 use for power? Its own battery or the cars battery?

Update on topic..
I sent DrkPhx $679US the other night via Paypal.. and now he's saying he won't send me it until after 21 days when he gets the money (payment is pending) - though if he sends me it now he'll only have to wait 7 days to get the money.. but he doesn't trust Paypal for some reason.

ScarabEpic22
September 28th, 2016, 05:22 AM
Just have him transfer the $$ to his bank account, takes 2-3 biz days for me. Then the $$ will be in his bank account and he can ship it out.

joecar
September 28th, 2016, 11:17 AM
When V2 is connected to laptop/PC it used USB power.
When V2 is connected to vehicle OBD-II port it uses vehicle power.
V2 has no power of its own.

Mr. Smith
September 28th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Just have him transfer the $$ to his bank account, takes 2-3 biz days for me. Then the $$ will be in his bank account and he can ship it out.
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure he won't want to do it.

When V2 is connected to laptop/PC it used USB power.
When V2 is connected to vehicle OBD-II port it uses vehicle power.
V2 has no power of its own.
Thank you.