PDA

View Full Version : ECM Locked

S Phinney
July 19th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Attempted to flash in a new tune this morning and it completed a flash but will not start. Attempted to reflashed and get the $0537 Controller is Locked with Custom Key. That is not true at least not from me anyways. I updated recently and did not have a problem flashing 2 days ago. Now the truck is useless. Please help!20005

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rcr1978
July 20th, 2016, 12:31 AM
Probably not much help but did you try a full flash?

S Phinney
July 20th, 2016, 12:54 AM
Yes I did. Tried everything etching except disconnecting the battery. I will be trying that soon.

Snipesy
July 20th, 2016, 07:24 AM
What happens when you check assume lock is faulty and try alt keys?

Never heard of this happening to the LML before... I think the flash touched something it wasn't suppose to. Did you update efi live since the flash you did 2 days ago?

S Phinney
July 20th, 2016, 07:26 AM
It comes back as $0537 error, Locked with Custom key. Updated and have flashed once since the update. Today it wasn't successful.

S Phinney
July 20th, 2016, 07:29 AM
I have noticed since the update it will ask to save a file that wasn't in the process of modifications. I kinda thought that was a little weird.

Snipesy
July 20th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Rip. Go make a ticket with efi live... They'll probably be interested. Congrats on the first bricked lml that I know of. Well its not really bricked, but somehow I would imagine the memory that stores said key is corrupted. If the corruption isnt something easy like 0000 or FFFF or 8000 or 0101 or 0001 or something easy like that... I doubt you'll ever get in.

GMPX
July 20th, 2016, 09:07 AM
That is very strange indeed, I don't think any tuning software in the world is capable of locking the LML ECM's due to the way Bosch ECM's are designed so I don't know how that would come up.
I don't know what to suggest other than maybe unhook the battery for 30 seconds and retry. If you didn't do a full flash then there is no need to attempt to recover it via a full flash, a cal flash would be fine.
Can you please attempt a pass-though cal flash after unhooking the battery for 30 seconds and then send the trace file to support at EFILive.

Edit: I see you've posted elsewhere you sent the trace files in to support.

S Phinney
July 20th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I did send those in. I also had Socal connect via team viewer and we went through everything together. I has a reoccurring longterm memory failure code. There is no record of the Vin etc... I just ordered one up and a new license and we can go again. I don't know how it happened. That really is my luck with breaking something or having it fail without even trying to.

Snipesy
July 20th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Could be worse. :) Get the new ECM in and the truck wi be happy again.

GMPX
July 21st, 2016, 07:41 AM
I have heard of these Bosch EDC17's on FORD's having a brain fade and pegging the speedo when the vehicle is sitting still, new ECM is the only fix.

S Phinney
July 23rd, 2016, 09:19 AM
Update: The ecm was bad. Lost flash memory. I got the new one in and retuned. It is all ok now. So yes the LML ecm can give up as well as the others.

LMMPerrona
July 23rd, 2016, 09:25 AM
Attempted to flash in a new tune this morning and it completed a flash but will not start. Attempted to reflashed and get the $0537 Controller is Locked with Custom Key. That is not true at least not from me anyways. I updated recently and did not have a problem flashing 2 days ago. Now the truck is useless. Please help!20005

This might be something related to what happened to you. Never ran into this before. Im wondering if its something to do with latest update or just something that was going to happen regardless.

similar issue happened with a 2014 cummins but it was error 0531. This was an autocal customer. I updated his autocal and updated his tune as well to that latest. when he went to flash it stopped with error 0531, vin mismatch. I double checked VIN number I used to lock tune and it all matched. customer could not load tune or even start truck now. I went to where truck was and connected with scan tool. scan tool read VIN*********** so my guess was vin in truck got erased somehow during flash process. I saved file without locking it to VIN and it flashed ok. Truck is now up and running.

S Phinney
July 23rd, 2016, 09:28 AM
I never got a answer is to why or how to prevent it from occurring again. Maybe it was a fluke.

LMMPerrona
July 23rd, 2016, 09:36 AM
I never got a answer is to why or how to prevent it from occurring again. Maybe it was a fluke.

I thought I was paying for a new PCM and a license... dam scarry. Lol.

S Phinney
July 24th, 2016, 11:06 PM
I did hear back from Paul last night. He has no definite answer as to how it happened since nobody has had a failure like this before. In essence somehow or another it lost memory that contained the Vin and serial number in the flash memory. He feels that he charge pump in the flash memory failed and did not boost voltage for a complete flash. He says that the charge pump boost voltage from 3 volts up to 12 during the process so you can do a complete flash. I think I will send it in and see if it can be recovered anyways.