PDA

View Full Version : Getting a good solid shift in sport mode 6L80e

jmsmotorsport
July 20th, 2016, 11:12 PM
Playing with my brothers SSVwagone with the 6L80 box and want to firm the shifts up while in Sports and Tap up/down. I have added 5% across the board on the 1-2 2-3 3-4 -4-5 5-6 base pressure tables and reduced the TQM in this points as well I the Pressure B and C tables. This didn't seem to change the feel at all? I know with the 4l's you would change the shift times and pressures to get a nice solid change. I read that changing this to 0 on the 6s isn't good due to the clutch set ups, what numbers should I be going for I shift times and what other areas do I look at?

jmsmotorsport
July 21st, 2016, 08:22 PM
Well after no response and a few hours trawling through a 7 year old thread I discovered that EFI put new tables into the ECM parameters to control the torque values the trans seen. Now does anyone have a tutorial for these tables and what corresponding tables in the TCM to modify to get a nice shifting Auto, stock and aftermarket stalls? Also a list of PIDS to log? I see people have said to change the shift times at around .3 for low load and .2 at high loads, what area is this on the shift time table? If someone can give me a starting point I would be very grateful and happily do up a PDF with what info I get and my results etc for others to read as there doesn't seem to be anything around for this.

joecar
July 22nd, 2016, 08:02 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have any info...

jmsmotorsport
July 22nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
Bugger, it seems as thou anyone that was talking about these Trans is no longer around on the forum. Looks like I will just have to do some trial and error work see what I come up with.

400ss
July 24th, 2016, 04:33 AM
There is not much info about tuning those trans, and sometimes people dont want to share the info, the best you can do is to look into this page: http://6l80etuning.com/
You need to pay but you can directly ask what you wanna know, there are a lot of threads and info.

jmsmotorsport
July 24th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Yeah I have seen that site. $99 US ($150 Aus) is pretty steep for an unknown, can't even see 1 article to see if it will be worth my while.

400ss
July 25th, 2016, 07:10 AM
im user of the site, thats why i can tell you it has a lot of info, but its up to you..

jmsmotorsport
July 25th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Ok so it has pretty much all you need to know about tuning these Trans from stock set ups to wild racing setups etc? It may be something I will have to invest in.

joecar
July 25th, 2016, 11:51 AM
im user of the site, thats why i can tell you it has a lot of info, but its up to you..

Would you say that site has been useful to you...?

If you were to rate it, how many stars would you give it...?

I'm wondering about joining...

jrad12381
July 29th, 2016, 01:27 PM

Interested in this as well.

Tre-Cool
July 30th, 2016, 12:49 AM
i dont think it's really worth it, there is nothing on there that isnt discussed or readily available either here or on the hpt forum.

seems to me as a quicker way for the guy to get money for offering help with tunes...

jmsmotorsport
July 30th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Yes well tre after trolling the forum I have settled with your settings for shift times etc, how about torque converters do you have any knowledge on settings for them? I am trying to put together a basic tutorial with all the information I have gathered so people can find it all in the one spot.

njedwardz
August 8th, 2016, 07:12 AM

More than anything it's just a place with all the information in one place, and exclusive information that applies to the 6L series of transmissions, so you don't have to sort through any other stuff. Probably no key stuff that you can't find on HPT or EFI forums - it's just in one place.

Whether it's worth it - honestly I'm not sure. Compared to the literal tens of thousands of dollars I've spent modifying this car (performance and otherwise), $100 isn't a huge deal.

Quite frankly, I've spent a considerable amount of time and money having "pros" tune this car and I've seen the best performance/feel from using the stock settings out of a 2014 Corvette C7A6 (my father's car). The settings in that tune are substantially more aggressive than the stock C6 settings, and actually quite a bit more than most aftermarket tuners do, while the transmissions themselves are 99% the same (besides the converters). The shifting will never be quite as good because the C6 doesn't have direct injection and therefore cannot precisely control torque output nearly as well as the LT1 in the C7, but still the best shifts I have had in my car. I'm sure there's a good deal of improvement to be had even with the C7 settings, but I've been quite satisfied.

Applying the 2014 settings to the 2013 and prior does require some interpolation of the data, which I have already done. I'll attach my tune here.20066 Ignore the fact that the TCC is set to be unlocked all the time (and indeed ALL the converter related settings) - that problem will hopefully be resolved in not too long. Shift points are also a very subjective thing so set those as you prefer. What's key is times, pressures, presets, torque management, etc. TM can honestly be turned down a bit to suit personal preference, but I will take a slower shift that is smoother any day simply because I put 20,000mi/year on this car. If I go to the strip I will turn down the TM settings considerably, but I don't care about minimizing shift speed in town at the expense of clutch material.

Let me know what you think.

jmsmotorsport
August 8th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Cheers mate I will have a look over it and give it a try.

joecar
August 8th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the info.

jmsmotorsport
August 10th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Has anyone started playing with the new inertia tables in the beta release? I am going to look at these over the weekend and see what I can find. Any direction I should head would be helpful don't want to wreck the box. Have put all the C7 shift times, speeds pressures etc into my Trans tube but yet to old it into my test car and try it out.

APS Luis
December 10th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Has anyone started playing with the new inertia tables in the beta release? I am going to look at these over the weekend and see what I can find. Any direction I should head would be helpful don't want to wreck the box. Have put all the C7 shift times, speeds pressures etc into my Trans tube but yet to old it into my test car and try it out.

Yes , seems to be noticeable on some operating systems but not so on others.
Either way I cannot seem to datalog any combination of pids to show any changes when making adjustments to these inertia tables

jmsmotorsport
December 10th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Yes , seems to be noticeable on some operating systems but not so on others.
Either way I cannot seem to datalog any combination of pids to show any changes when making adjustments to these inertia tables

With these tables did you increase or decrease them? I'm guessing you increase but knowing how easy it is to stuff them up didn't want to just guess.

APS Luis
December 10th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Increased & decreased, tried the "subtle" approach & the "wild" approach with no difference

jmsmotorsport
December 10th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Increased & decreased, tried the "subtle" approach & the "wild" approach with no difference

Ok so there not very helpful tables at all.