PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to share thier tuning secrets for the T87?

PRAY
July 22nd, 2016, 07:18 AM
Just looking to see what you all are tuning on these. I learned the hard way that it doesn't like having the MPH shift points adjusted or the shift timing. I didn't adjust the pressures any. I guess you also have to leave some up shift TQ management in it or it won't do the pop shifting deal. I am seeing some stuff where people are successfully adjusting the shift points and pressures. One person kept telling me to adjust the shift RPM but I don't see any tables for that, only MPH. Seems less is more but I really want to be able to leave this thing in drive and have it shift where I want it to. I plan on doing H/C later and will definitely have to have it shift higher. Any help or guidelines would be great.

PRAY
July 22nd, 2016, 10:45 AM
I down loaded the latest version's of 8 and 7.5 and I am seeing the RPM table now. I am assuming I just adjust them both like the A6's.

joecar
July 23rd, 2016, 10:28 AM
May I please see your T87 file, I've seen very few.

PRAY
July 23rd, 2016, 10:44 AM
The one I adjusted was apparently not what was needed. I didn't have the updated 8 so I was missing some tables. I have another on that was a little more adjusted with help from another tuner. I can send you both of those if you like. I haven't done an new one for my Camaro yet. Way to busy right now. I can't remember. Can I just browse my device and post up the tune on here or do I have to link it somehow?

PRAY
July 23rd, 2016, 10:55 AM
20013 20012

According to the guy who helped me he spotted several errors in my original tune that were causing my issues. The main issue was the trans just not shifting at commanded. Especially in 1st. We would have to go through all the trans learning procedures to get the trans reset to the new tune. If I would go back in and try to adjust the tune again it wouldn't shift.

He said to leave the shift inertia tables alone, shift timing, shift pressures, and some other stuff. I guess you have to leave in some of the TM and can't max the tables or it won't shift. There were some other slight issues also but that was the major one. His suggestion was to return the tune to stock and only mess with the converter lock up and some other minor stuff. However, when he went through my tune he only changed the stuff he talked about but left all the rest of what I did already. So I was a little confused on what to do. Unfortunately I don't have access to the car I was tuning any more. It was traded in for a C7Z.

I was just reading a post by Vengeance where they were going in and messing with a bunch of stuff to get rid of the dead pedal feeling and shift timing and pressures and what not to get their Gen III CTS-V to where they liked it. So it can be done.

The advice I got from a couple other tuners I know was to just do what I did for the A6's and I would be fine.