PDA

View Full Version : One more licensing question................

FreddyG
June 1st, 2006, 03:39 AM
I bought a used copy of EfiLive FlashScan and when I installed it, it said that there were two available licenses on the cable. Sorry for the stupid newbie question, but does this mean that I can just hook it up and get started?

The person that I bought it off of had a Camaro, and I've got a Corvette. Does this matter or do I have to buy another license?

Also, if I put the key into both my laptop and my desktop, and register the cable, does that take two licenses or just the one that is reading the car? I put the cable on both, so I hope that it's not registered to both. I got so excited that I got the software, that I Completely forgot that I could just save the file and transfer it............DUH:doh: (It's not my fault, I must've been dropped on my head as a kid:D ).

Thanks in advance for your help!

joecar
June 1st, 2006, 04:03 AM
The key takes no PCM licences, and should allow you to connect the Scan Tool to any GM OBD-II vehicle, and to read from flash from any supported PCM.

Your cable should have 2 PCM licences, one of which would have been used by the previous owner; from the Tune tool, with your cable/black-box connected, go Help->FlashScan PCM Licencing to see how many unused licenses you have; if you have one, then when you go to write to flash for the first time it will ask you if you want to use this license.

FreddyG
June 1st, 2006, 04:40 AM
Thank You!:cheers: