PDA

View Full Version : How to tune A40 Allison properly

TheDieselShopLLC
July 27th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Guys I'm new to the EFI Live game. Trying to tune an A40 Allison 6 speed TCM and its not letting me. the truck is a 2006 LLY engine with LBZ controllers and trans etc. Its shifting out of 1st into 2nd really hard and when I come to a stop it goes into 4th gear and stays in it till I shut it off. How do I do these procedures? How do I even get it back to stock? Everytime I go to full flash it gives me a "Script exited with code $054C: Operating System is not present in file". and that's it. PLEASE HELP!

THEFERMANATOR
July 27th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Whats been done so far? Have you made any changes to the TCM yet? Most don't bother messing with the TCM as you can do some SERIOUS damage adjusting TCM parameters in a HURRY. Sounds to me like you have some internal problems as even a built trans should shift just fine on stock tuning.

TheDieselShopLLC
July 27th, 2016, 03:57 PM
All I have done is CalFresh the TCM but I may have messed it up I need to find a stock tune I think to return it back to stock because I can't get my reflash from my tuner to work I can't get it to do a full flash so now it's just not shifting and running right so I think what I need to do is get a stock tune and return it to stock

TheDieselShopLLC
July 27th, 2016, 03:58 PM
All I have done is CalFlash the TCM but I may have messed it up I need to find a stock tune I think to return it back to stock because I can't get my reflash from my tuner to work I can't get it to do a full flash so now it's just not shifting and running right so I think what I need to do is get a stock tune and return it to stock

THEFERMANATOR
July 28th, 2016, 02:26 PM
So you changed parameters in the TCM already? If so, what has been changed? If you alter shift timing, you can DESTROY an ALLISON in just a couple of shifts if you go to far with it.

TheDieselShopLLC
July 29th, 2016, 05:50 AM
So you changed parameters in the TCM already? If so, what has been changed? If you alter shift timing, you can DESTROY an ALLISON in just a couple of shifts if you go to far with it.

I recieved a tune from my tuner for the transmission, i went to load it up and it kept telling me no operating system in the tune. I tried many many things and eventually just decided to take it to the dealer have them reflash a stock tune on it because im pretty sure i messed something up. I was never able to complete a complete full flash. I need to learn how these are done. We have a V2 and im new to these

GMC-2002-Dmax
July 29th, 2016, 02:31 PM
No full flash of the A40 is possible with EFI Live

sstrungis
July 30th, 2016, 08:55 AM
2011 Chevy HD3500 Duramax/Allsion, EFILive AutoCal Yuner by Kory Willis, Exhaust Mod, DPF & DEF delete, disconnect EGR
EFILived Jan/2015. 3 days ago couldn't get it going, high gear start, no gear indicator on dash, engine, ABS & parking brake lights on dash. I think it is a TCM based on what I read. I ordered a new TCM and plan to install myself. Can I then flash it with my EFILive? Do I have to take it to a dealer? Will the dealer's tuner throw a bunch of codes due to mods? I'm stuck in NJ - from AZ can someone shoot me an answer how to get up running again? Thanks so much.

ScarabEpic22
August 2nd, 2016, 06:51 AM
Hate to say it, you'll need to contact Kory as he's the one who built and knows this calibration. I'd start with that, and you'll definitely get limp mode with a DPF/DEF delete running a stock tune.