PDA

View Full Version : July 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

Blacky
August 1st, 2016, 03:50 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated for this beta test release, you must update both software packages.

Download V7.5 Beta (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.310_Beta.exe) (103 MB)
Download V8 Beta (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.304_Beta.exe) (65 MB)

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE

The EFILive beta software is available to all users. We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends that beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:
Whats New
(http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_304.htm)

Version Numbers:

After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 310 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 304 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
Firmware: V2.07.103 (July 30, 2015) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.
Issue 2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.
Issue 3:
The filename template tags: <seq>,<seq1>,<seq2>,<seq3> and <seq4> do not work correctly in the V7.5 Scan or Tune Tools.
Workaround:
None. Will be fixed in the next update.
Issue 4:
Access violation when starting the EFILive V8 software.
Caused when a filename is longer than 130 characters. The limit should be 260 (Window's shell API filename length limit) and it will be adjusted to 260 in the next EFILive update (V8.2.3 build 305).
Workaround:
Delete any entry in the \My Documents\EFILive\V8\EFILive_ScanAndTune.ini file in either of the sections [MRU Tune] or [MRU Scan] that contains a filename longer than 130 characters.
Rename any scan or tune file that has a name longer than 130 characters to 130 characters or less before opening it in the EFILive V8 software.

Tre-Cool
August 4th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Calibration/OS 12654172/12654173 seems to be missing the VVE tables.

I've tried opening the editor with the v2 plugged in and i still don't get any additional tables show up.

Can you test it on your end?

GMPX
August 4th, 2016, 04:10 PM
I don't think E83 ever had VVE tables did they?

Tre-Cool
August 4th, 2016, 05:05 PM
mine did. as i had modified mine.

GMPX
August 7th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Ok thanks, I'll pass that down the system and see if we can figure out why they have disappeared.

Tre-Cool
August 8th, 2016, 07:44 PM
I'll test again when i get home tonight, but it almost seemed like the v7 software didnt detect the v2 was plugged in to give me the expanded vve folders. I'll try opening up a e38 file also to confirm.

jmsmotorsport
August 8th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Just looking through the trans tables, looks like we have a lot more to play with the inertia tables and torque reduction scaler and offsets. What tables do the torque scalers multiply?

Tre-Cool
August 10th, 2016, 02:51 AM
just checked with build 298 on my desktop and i have 1,2,3 bar vve tables.

cindy@efilive
August 16th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Historically we supported 2 E83B operating systems, and this year we added support for 7 more.

The developer spent considerable time trying to implement VVE on all of the operating systems earlier this year but the functionality isn't consistent, and he couldn't get it to work in a reasonable development time frame. Based on the amount of time he spent, and the amount of time we think the function will take to get it right, we disabled his VVE development to release the support for the new operating systems, and decided we wouldn't provide that function on that controller. Inadvertently that disabled the feature on the 2 operating systems already supported.

I've spoken with the developer to see if he can re-enable the feature for the 2 original operating systems for a future release. It won't be the next beta release - that's already finalized and internal testing has started. VVE will not be added for any of the newly supported E38B operating systems.

You can continue to use the *.calz files from any build prior to April this year (298 will work just fine) should you require VVE functionality before we can re-add it back into current release software.

Cheers
Cindy

Tre-Cool
August 16th, 2016, 11:20 PM
It's not a big deal, just thought it was odd to lose features with a new version so i mentioned it.

rcr1978
August 21st, 2016, 03:14 AM
Is there any support for the E82 ecms yet, i'm not sure if they were in anything pre 2017 or not?

Thanks
Robert

GMPX
August 21st, 2016, 09:42 AM
Yes and No, we developed read / cal flash routines for them on a borrowed ECM but they haven't been fully mapped yet (though it might be complete by now I am not sure). Unfortunately too pretty much every 2017 ECM is now on order restriction from GM (such as the E81, E82, E84), we simply cannot buy them. Finally they have new security on all the 2017 ECM's that we have been working on a solution for, more details on that will come shortly.

jmsmotorsport
August 21st, 2016, 10:22 AM
Found an issue where when I try to open V7.5 Scan that a data tab is opened over the Beta Warning and I cant close that Data Tab to accept the Beta Warning therefor not being able to use the Scan software.

rcr1978
August 21st, 2016, 06:19 PM
Yes and No, we developed read / cal flash routines for them on a borrowed ECM but they haven't been fully mapped yet (though it might be complete by now I am not sure). Unfortunately too pretty much every 2017 ECM is now on order restriction from GM (such as the E81, E82, E84), we simply cannot buy them. Finally they have new security on all the 2017 ECM's that we have been working on a solution for, more details on that will come shortly.

Awesome thanks guys !

BlackCPG
August 30th, 2016, 02:18 AM
This may be user error, but I seem to have no luck getting V8 pass-thru logging to connect to an ECM. Auto-detect, OBD status, and BBL all work properly, but when I attempt to record or monitor data the orange LED on the V2 blinks once and an error is shown that it cannot communicate with the controller.

Blacky
August 30th, 2016, 07:57 AM
This may be user error, but I seem to have no luck getting V8 pass-thru logging to connect to an ECM. Auto-detect, OBD status, and BBL all work properly, but when I attempt to record or monitor data the orange LED on the V2 blinks once and an error is shown that it cannot communicate with the controller.

Is it possible that you have TCM PIDs selected but no TCM connected?
Regards
Paul

BlackCPG
August 30th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Is it possible that you have TCM PIDs selected but no TCM connected?
Regards
Paul

I just removed all PIDs except SAE.RPM and it is still doing the same thing. I was mistaken, the orange and green LED blink once then it displays "No Controllers Detected".

Blacky
August 30th, 2016, 09:06 AM
After you get the "No controller detected" save a trace file and attach it to this thread.
To save a trace file, click on the FlashScan icon in the System Tray (on the Windows Task Bar near the clock), select [F8: Trace] and then [Save Trace].

Regards
Paul

BlackCPG
August 30th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Here you are. I had to change the extension to .txt for it to upload.

Blacky
August 30th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Here you are. I had to change the extension to .txt for it to upload.

The log shows a CMD engine controller was detected , are you trying to log a CMD (i.e. CM2200) controller?
Regards
Paul

BlackCPG
August 30th, 2016, 10:32 AM
The log shows a CMD engine controller was detected , are you trying to log a CMD (i.e. CM2200) controller?
Regards
Paul

Yes

Blacky
August 30th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Ok, we're working on it. It appears to be a bug that is not interpreting the CMD's operating system number correctly, when that routing fails it prevents the scan tool from recognizing the ECM.
We'll get it fixed asap.

Regards
Paul

BlackCPG
August 30th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Thanks Paul!

Blacky
August 30th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Until it is fixed, something thing you could try is to manually detect the controller(s) prior to starting the data log.

To do that press Ctrl+OK on FlashScan's keypad while it is connected to the vehicle and the ignition is on. i.e. Press and hold the Ctrl key while pressing and releasing the OK key. That causes FlashScan to re-negotiate the protocol between itself and the on board modules. If it is successful you should see CAN-xx in the lower right corner of FlashScan's screen. The "xx" indicates how many modules it detected.

Once you've done that you may have more success at starting the pass-thru data log.

Regards
Paul

Tre-Cool
September 4th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Just checking but do you support the new 2017 Holden Colorado yet?

I'm looking to put my order in this week for one.

GMPX
September 4th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Unsure at this stage as nobody we know has seen one given they just hit the dealers on the 1st, give it a week or so and I'm sure we will know more. I don't know any dealers I can just waltz in to the pre-delivery dept and see for myself.
There is a couple of 2017 VIN's from Holden dealers online but I don't think they are really 2017's as the OS is the same as the 2016 which doesn't seem likely given the 2017 has a DPF now.

Tre-Cool
September 4th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Well i ordered mine today, will have it eom or early october.

I take it we can turn off the dpf locally in oz? As plan is to do lift kit and exhaust pretty much straight away.

GMPX
September 5th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Congrats on the new purchase, I think the updated model will be a real winner for Holden. I can't believe they didn't up the power just a little bit for marketing purposes.
We don't offer any DPF delete functions on the E98 at all. Up to now there has been no need to as all the non US models don't have them fitted, and the US models, well we've worn that record out as to why we don't offer deletes for those so I won't go there again.
Anyway to answer your question I can't answer your question because we don't know what program they are running yet and we've never actually looked at how to disable DPF on that ECM. I say watch this space because we already know these can be tuned to run clean without a DPF and power is consistent between multiple vehicles. If the new model is able to make the same power with DPF in place then why remove it?
I just hope the regen logic is better than what they did on the local Diesel Cruze, nothing like pulling up in a car park and shutting the car off to then have the fans roar at full speed for a few minutes because it was in the middle of a regen. Kind of upsets people near the car having hot air blown over them.

Tre-Cool
September 5th, 2016, 03:18 PM
main reason for removing dpf is most of the pre 17 exhausts will fit straight up and it's one less thing to go wrong later down the track, but we shall see.

Also thinking of putting supplemental lpg system on as well since it will become my new DD.