PDA

View Full Version : Help me better understand torque limits

Brody
August 14th, 2016, 03:25 PM
First off this is my tuning cal for my 06 LBZ. So I understand that our maximum torque vs. rpm tables are kind of like our rev limiter, and I have it set to 1400 up to 3400 rpm where I ration it off to 3700 and that all works great. However, I have a difficult time understanding the barometric pressure to maximum torque table. Usually around where I live I see high 14's for pressure in the efi scan tool. My question is, why not set this table to the maxmum value after 2200 rpm or so and let the torque vs. rpm table handle all of the defueling? Right now the table is set to 812 after 1800 rpm for the whole rest of the table. I mean the truck should be making more than 812 torque in the big tune I would hope. So is there any harm to doing this? Or is that table really controlling much? Let me know!:lookaround:

THEFERMANATOR
August 15th, 2016, 06:54 AM
The table you are talking about is the altitude fuel limiter. It is there to limit fueling at higher elevations to reduce smoke output from the thinner air.

Brody
August 15th, 2016, 12:16 PM
The table you are talking about is the altitude fuel limiter. It is there to limit fueling at higher elevations to reduce smoke output from the thinner air.

Ok. So is the torque value roughly what it should be making at the wheels? Should I bump it up closer to 1000 to avoid defueling at lets say under 15.6?

LunchBox
August 15th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Those numbers have absolutely nothing to do with how much torque the truck is actually making.

Brody
August 15th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Those numbers have absolutely nothing to do with how much torque the truck is actually making.

Well I agree unless it's actually limiting how much it will let it make right???

Brody
August 15th, 2016, 03:14 PM
So in my bigger tune I'm having a de-fueling issue on the big end in 5th gear. I'm just trying to eliminate this as a possibility. I'll just go into the scan tool and see what it thinks I'm actually making for torque and decide if that table needs adjustment or not.

Sickll7crenshaw
August 15th, 2016, 05:02 PM
You need to do more data logging on your truck, trust me you'll never reach that 812 while data logging that your desiring in the tune.. From there that's where you should adjust your fuel to torque tables to meet max mm3. Make small adjustments at a time. Scan tool will be your friend while learning.