PDA

View Full Version : Creating A Single Event Tune With CSP5

EverydayDiesel
August 30th, 2016, 03:20 AM
Hello,

I recently zeroed out these tables for CSP5 Program #5 but this does nothing.
1. pilot timing, base table
2. pilot timing, air density adjust 1
3. pilot timing, air density adjust 2

when i start the truck and put it on #5, there is no difference in engine sound. I was expecting when I zeroed those tables that it would stop the pilot injection and change the sound. (post is already turned off)

Can someone please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks in advance

Snipesy
August 30th, 2016, 04:48 AM
I don't do the Cummins, but wouldn't you want to change the actual quantity, not the timing? Zero out all those tables, and all the air density adjusts. I would leave timing as is unless it causes problems.

EverydayDiesel
August 30th, 2016, 06:14 AM
Thank you for the reply.

That is actually just the thing, on the CSP5 switch these are the options I have avilable for tune#5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/2muchricemakesmesick/12valve%20tune%20side%20pane.png

If i change in the 'main' then it will make all of the tunes (1-5) a single event right?

SASDakota
August 30th, 2016, 07:02 AM
What do you have set for {E5750}?

EverydayDiesel
August 30th, 2016, 07:16 AM
What do you have set for {E5750}?

"Ignore altitude tables for error enable" is set to 'enabled'

Snipesy
August 30th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Hmm yeah I got nothing sorry.

But you should be at least seeing some change..... Unless the tables just don't work.

SASDakota
August 30th, 2016, 07:25 AM
Thats it. Set to "disabled" and now your CSP5 will actually be CSP5.

EverydayDiesel
August 30th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Thanks that really helped a lot.

After flashing now I can actually notice a change when I turn the switch.

I am still a bit puzzled on why just a slight change after zeroing out those three tables. I would like to be able to run a single event tune on say position #5 and all the rest are 2 event tunes

GMPX
August 30th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Yeah that can't be done sorry, when we were developing these CSP OS's back in 2013 nobody had asked for pilot (or post) quantities to be added to the list of switchable tables. Or if they did they couldn't be included because of lack of spare space.
The pilot timing maps were included to complement the changes people might make on the Main timing being switchable.